Back To The Photos

Annabeth was behind Percy as he opened the door to his apartment. She was so nervous yet giddy to see Sally again, the woman who took over her mother's roll when she died. "Mom! I'm home and I have a surprise!" Percy called as he shut the door behind Annabeth and took off his jacket. Annabeth followed and took of her jacket as she heard footsteps leading from the kitchen.

They still hadn't moved, the same place that held so many memories. Annabeth almost teared up at it, the simplicity of being somewhere that she had longed to see for so long.

"What is it Percy?" Sally asked as she rounded the corner. She was wiping her hands on a blue apron. Finally she looked up and blinked. "A. . . Annabeth?" She asked, her eyes filling up with tears.

"Oh Sally!" Both women raced towards each other and hugged. "I missed you so much!" Annabeth could smell the scent of cookies on Sally. Blue cookies to be more accurate. Oh Annabeth missed this.

"Well." Sally wiped her eyes as she pulled back before placing her hands back onto Annabeth's arms. "I think this calls for some cookies?" Percy lit up like a Christmas tree.

"Only if they're blue?" Annabeth asked timidly. Sally lit up this time, Percy just hugged both of them, the two most important people in his life.

"Of course, how else am I supposed to feed this bottomless pit of a teenage boy?" Sally teased hitting Percy's arm. He grinned even as he blushed a bit.

"Well I think that makes two of us, I am just a female bottomless pit." Annabeth chuckled. Percy snorted, remembering once when the two best friends had gotten into a hotdog eating contest, she had whooped his ass.

"Oh I remember alright!" Sally laughed with one hand over her mouth. "And if your appetite has grown as much as you have, I'm dealing with two Percys now!" She ushered both teens into the kitchen as she finished cookies.

Annabeth sat on the counter and Percy stood beside her. Sally just smiled at them remembering that she had a photo of them, somewhere around here, where they were in the same position. She grinned as she told them to sit tight as she put the cookies in the oven and left for her room.

When she returned she had her arms full with different albums. Percy blushed as he saw them, knowing what was in those, he kept his arm wrapped around Annabeth's waist as she messed with his hair from her position on the counter.

"Annabeth, it's been awhile since you've been able to look through here." Sally grinned, and Annabeth once again remembered where Percy's grin came from. Sally sat the books down on the table and opened the biggest.

"Sally, I love you!" Annabeth hopped down and raced over to sit next to the brown haired woman. Percy groaned but leaned over his favorite women in the world to look at the pictures himself.

It started with pictures of Percy as a baby. He was a cutie with chubby cheeks and big eyes. In one he was just staring at the camera with a look of 'I don't know what this is but it's shinny'. There were several of him in bath water, slowly getting older but always splashing and messing with a toy boat.

Finally it got to his first day of kindergarten and when he meet Annabeth. The picture was of an unsure Percy holding on to his mom's hand, it just happened to have a little blonde girl in the back. She was struggling out of her father's grip and you could practically hear her say 'Goodbye Dad! Leave!'.

Next Sally took one of Percy walking into the school as a blonde girl bounded by him. The next had that blonde girl looking at him as if he was one of the stupidest beings on the earth. "I still remember what you said to me," Percy started. "You just could not believe I did not want to be there!" He chuckled at Annabeth's blush.

Then came a series of pictures with Percy and Annabeth fighting. At the playground, the park, outside the front of the school, it was never ending.

Finally there was a picture of Percy at the park. The next had a little girl in the back, she was crying as she sat on a bench. In the next photo Percy had turned his head. That's where the photos stopped in this book.

"You were so upset." Percy said, his brow furrowed and he had a small frown on his lips. Annabeth smiled at him and nodded.

"But you cheered me up." Annabeth said as she stood up and hugged Percy. He wasted no time in tucking her into his chest as he sat his chin on the top of her head. She just rested her head on his chest and smiled at his familiar sent and warmth.

Sally discretely took a photo with her phone as she opened the next book.

Percy sat down this time but he wasn't ready to let go of Annabeth so she just sat on his lap with his arms around her waist. Sally smiled at them before hopping up to get the cookies that she had, cooling on the counter. She sat those down and both teens grabbed some and shoved them into their mouths.

"Oh my god! I missed these!" Annabeth mumbled through some cookie. Sally laughed as Percy nodded. Finally they looked at the pictures again.

Pictures of Annabeth on Percy's back as they ran around chasing butterflies. Of Percy and Annabeth passed out on the floor from playing. Of Percy looking confused as Annabeth explained math to him. One, about fifth grade, Annabeth and Percy were asleep on his bed. Annabeth was curled up against his chest as he had his arms around her. Both teens blushed at this one but Sally just said it was one of her favorites.

The photo of Percy standing by a Annabeth sitting on the counter was one of to last ones. Finally one of a movie night they had before she moved away. Percy had an arm around Annabeth as they were under a blanket watching some random movie.

Finally one of Annabeth and Percy hugging as she was about to board the plan, then Percy giving her a Yankee's cap and her grinning. "I still have that hat!" Annabeth chirped. She pulled it out of her book bag that was sat by the table then slipped it on her head.

"Nice Wise Girl." Percy said. "You wouldn't happen to still have the necklace would you?" He asked shyly.

Annabeth pulled the necklace from beneath her sweater and grinned. It was a leather strap with different beads on it. Percy pulled his out from his pocket and slipped it on. They were identical. The promise that came with them warmed Annabeth's heart as she dug into another cookie.