College Awaits

During the summer, Tracy had moved her stuff out of her parents house. Kathy's father gave Tracy an apartment in the Golden Egg Plaza Complements from him. She would live there rent free. Kathy's mother gave her a diamond necklace that had a blue diamond in the middle. Tracy was just mainly focusing on herself during the summer and getting a part-time job at a coffee shop a few blocks away from the plaza. Her apartment had two extra rooms. One room was used as a little storage room and as her art studio. The other room was a guest room for when anyone of her friends stood over. She was given a drafting art table for her graduation present from her father and he also gave her a car... a brand new blue and black stripped Acura RLX. Her mother got her a 60inch plasma TV with cable and a new laptop for college and a new phone.

When the summer was over almost over, Tracy and her mother began to go shopping for her college items. She just Basically wanted to have everything ready for college. Tracy had to think about her new life and about her new future that awaited her.

"Tracy? are you ready to go?"My mom said as she came into my room. I nodded at her and we were on our way to the school supplies store. The car ride was silent, but i broke it              "So, do you and dad miss me at home" I said as my mom gave me puppy dog eyes. "Obviously! your father misses you so much that he is even sleeping with one of your old teddy bears" we both started to laugh as she started to turn right on the green light .
"Yeah I know, he called me last night saying that... don't worry tho mom... you guys can visit me as much as you want." I stated as she pulled up to the store. She then parked the car and locked it. I grabbed my list out of my purse and started to look around the store:

5 marble notebooks
1 scientific/graphing calculator
6 folders
3 packs of #2 pencils
3 packs of college ruled loss leaf paper
2 packs of black , red , and blue pens each
3 white outs
1 pencil case
2 sharpeners
2 packs of erasers
2 five subject spiral notebook

That was it for right now until I got my art class supplies list. Mom grabbed the mini cart and put the stuff inside. I noticed that she was smiling at me.
"You ok mom?" I asked as she cradled my face.
"Your such a strong woman Tracy... your so grown, and me and your father are proud of you." She gave me a hug as we continued to go around the store to look around. Then, my inner tween came out. I noticed a beautiful book bag with rainbow strips and stars as the  #LoveIsLove was on it. I took out my money and grabbed it.
"Honey, you don't have to pay for it, this shopping thing is my treat." I kinda felt guilty because they spent so much money on me. But mom took my hand in hers.
"I'm your mother baby,me and your father don't want you to worry about us or anything. We saved up plenty of money for your college." She winked at me.
"Mom... I'll pay you and d-" she cut me off with a don't-you-say-it face. It made me laugh. I then dropped that comeback and put up my white flag.
"That's more like it. Now give me the fabulous bag and shut up" we both laughed as we went to the check out line. I noticed on line 2 across from us on the other cash register, there was a cute brunette smiling at me. She had green eyes, a sexy lip piercing, and a tattoo on her neck saying 'Loyalty'. I started to blush as she winked at me. In all honesty, my heart started to beat as she smiled at me. But I gave her a small smile and turned to my mom as she grabbed the bags.
"You ready to go honey?" My mom asked me as I nodded slowly at her. The girl smiled at me as I blushed. I took a good look at her eyes, she had a light smoky reddish tone to them that mangled well with her jet black eye liner very well. As I was walking out the door she gave me a wink." I then smiled back and giggled silently to myself. Don't get me wrong, she was really cute, but, I'm taking a break from romance.
"W-what's wrong mom?" She's smirking at me as we put the bags in the car.
"I saw you in there... that girl and you made eye contact " she started nudging me as I blushed out of embarrassment.
"Oh stop mom... I mean she was cute-"
"Cute!? That girl was gorgeous..." my mom poked me as I closed the trunk and entered the car.
"Yeah yeah mom... she is but, I'm not interested..." I said flatly to her. I know my mom wants me to keep my mind open about dating but, I'm going to think of myself for right now... stress free.