Chapter 8

The Peacekeeper started walking slowly towards them, sword in it's hand.

Nick and the undercover raised their weapons at the Peacekeeper, and fired.

The PK took a few hits to it's vest, then grabbed a thick wooden board, and raised It in front of itself with one hand, as if it were a shield.

As if a knight with his shield and sword, the PK slowly stepped forward, as it took on all the bullets Nick and the undercover shot at it. They realized that they were only wasting their ammo, an as soon as they stopped firing, the PK lowered it's' makeshift shield, and kicked it forward, pushing it with great force, launching it across the alley and hitting both Nick and the undercover. 

Nick felt a pang of pain as it hit his face, falling to the ground. The thick, and heavy board was on top of them, pinning them down as the Peacekeeper marched towards them.

The Peacekeeper raised the sword with both hands, ready to pierce the wooden board and through Nick or the undercover. With adrenaline, Nick forced himself to roll sideways, and he slid from the cover of the board. The Peacekeeper's sword, with a loud crack, pierced the thick board and embedded into the ground. The undercover bolted up as the board cracked in half due to great force. 

Nick and the undercover scrambled, with Nick following. They did not bother shooting the Peacekeeper as it wouldn't work.

"I know a shortcut from here! Come on!" The CP said.

"Why didn't we go from there the first place?" Nick replied with a raising voice.

"Was riskier." 

They swerved left and right, up and down obstacles and streets, luckily no CPs were there. They entered through a wooden door, in which the PK tore open with it's sword. Their pursuit continued, up and up some stairs, until they reached a hall, which seemed very familiar, giving Nick a sense of deja vu.

They ran hard, later they realized not only the sound of footsteps were coming from behind them, but the sound of humming machinery and spinning blades was, too, catching up from their left.

On their left were glass windows, and walls, both broken with gaps and holes, giving them a glimpse as to what was hunting for them.

It was a gunship, speeding forward as it raised it's rear of spinning blades. Nick kept watching until the undercover said: "LOOK OUT!", ahead of them was a huge gap on the wall, and Nick noticed that the gunship had stopped itself there and fired, waiting for them to fall onto the rain of bullets.

Nick and the undercover, slid under the bullets, and regained their position, bolting towards what seemed like a dead end, which seemed to cut off the rest of the building as if the building was cut in half and split apart, they could see the other half of the building too long for a jump across.

The humming machinery raced ahead of them, and then the gunship appeared at the dead end, lowering it's hover, gun barrel pointing straight at them.

Nick realized that this was from his second dream, but only it was day. It was strange to have a dream actually occur, but that didn't matter anymore, because he was about to die just like it had predicted.

The gunship fired.

Nick fell as the undercover shoved him to the side, both of them on both sides of the hall, just as the bullets sprayed past them and a sword thrown with speed and power flew towards the gunship, or the place Nick previously was. He watched as the sword stabbed at the gunship's "Face", and it's bullets piercing through the PK, knocking it back.

The gunship emitted a loud, terrifying groan, as it swerved forward, losing control.

All Nick could remember was blinding light, unbearable heat, a deafening explosion, as he felt metallic objects crash onto the hall, before one of them hit his head and knocked him out.