o n e

it was a nice, hot day in the town of derry, maine. richie tozier sat with the rest of the losers club-bill, stan, eddie, ben, beverly, and mike-at the quarry, their usual hangout.

"so, losers," beverly started, "school's out. what are we gonna do all summer?"

"nuh-nuh-no fucking cuh-clue" bill managed to get out, despite his severe stutter.

"i think we should go get ice cream" richie suggested.

"how about no, fatass" eddie said jokingly.

"ice cream actually sounds really nice" stan said, getting up and gesturing for everyone else to follow.

as they made their way to the ice cream parlor in town, the 7 talked nonstop. they were all the best friends in the world-though some of them were closer than others (bev and ben, stan and bill, richie and eddie)-they all just felt so comfortable around one another. that's why richie was so conflicted at the moment.

richie wanted to tell them that he liked both boys and girls, but what if they made fun of him? what if they thought he was disgusting? what if they beat him up? all over something he couldn't control.

richie knew he couldn't hold it in much longer, so after they all got their ice cream, he asked them to sit down-he had something to tell them.

"i swear if any of you fuckheads laugh at me-" he started.

"we won't laugh" eddie said, cutting him off. "right guys?" he asked, looking at all the lucky 7. they all nodded.

"well-holy shit this harder than i thought it would be" richie said, trying to figure out how to form his next sentence.

"juh-juh-just tell us. say it r-really f-fast. like ripping off a b-bandaid" bill said.

"ilikebothboysandgirls" richie spit out.

"okay, rip off the bandaid a liiiitle slower" stan said, stretching out the 'i' in 'little'.

richie sighed, "i like both boys and girls. please don't hate me, i can't control it." richie said, bursting into tears.

"oh richie," eddie said, getting up to hug him, "we would never hate you. we understand that you can't choose who you love."

the rest of the losers club got up and hugged richie. he took off his glasses to wipe away the tears of joy and relief that were flowing down his face.

"thanks guys. you really are the best friends ever" richie said through tears.

"uh-of course," bill spoke up, "a-a-and if we're being completely honest, i'm not exactly the straightest person in this group. i'm g-gay as heck" bill said, smiling.

"me too" stan said. bill looked up at him. both boys were blushing incredibly hard.

bill grabbed stan's hand and intertwined their fingers. "uh-uh-actually me and stan are-gay for each other"

"very" stan said, shooting bill a wink.

"I CALLED IT" mike yelled. he turned to ben, "you owe me $10"

the losers club finished their ice cream laughing and just feeling great. that was everyone except eddie.

am i gay? i've been questioning my sexuality for a while. and when you see richie your heart just kinda goes NSKQNDOANSPS. when will i tell them?

this is trash but hello welcome to my new book woo