f o u r

(edited)
...
"okay, eddie, we've been sitting on your lawn for 30 minutes looking at the stars while you play with my hair" richie said, blushing lightly.

good thing it was it dark.

eddie decided it was best to change the subject, enjoying just talking with richie and playing with his hair.

"wanna hear a pickup line?" he asked.

richie attempted to shrug, but, seeing as he was laying on eddie, it was just a bit too difficult and he just ended up squirming on the other boy's lap.

"i'll take that as a yes," eddie said, chuckling.

"indeed"

"wanna be like my big toe?"

"excuse me?"

"i'm gonna bang you on every piece of furniture in this house"

"but we're outside"

"ignore tha-"

"your pickup lines have some rookie mistakes, eddie, rookie mistakes" he said, mocking disappointment and sitting up.

eddie frowned, wanting to just play with richie's hair forever.

"what's wrong, eddie?" richie asked, noticing the other boy's expression.

"oh, um, nothing" he replied, getting to his feet. "i never really told you, but i'm proud of you. for coming out, ya know. although, it was pretty obvious" eddie said with a smirk, causing richie to blush, yet again.

"what do you mean?" he asked nervously, looking at the ground.

for some reason, richie's nervousness only raised eddie's confidence.

"it's obvious, babe. i see the way you look at me." eddie said placing his hand under richie's chin.

"i-"

"don't worry babe, i look at you the same way" he said, leaning in.

and just when their lips were about to touch, eddie backed away, climbing back into his window.

"fuck you, eddie kaspbrak!" richie whisper-shouted.

"soon, richie tozier"

and with that, eddie closed his window and went to sleep with a smile on his face.

meanwhile, richie sat outside his window for another thirty minutes, thinking about everything that just happened.

wow.

this is really bad i'm sorry dksndksnsk

also

they're both 17 in this book

somebody recommend me jyatt/fack texting fics please i'll love you forever :')