Chapter 34- Attempted murder

Chapter 34- Attempted Murder

______Amara's Pov______

Peace. This was something I had not experienced in years and, now that I was enjoying it, I could not ask for anything better. Life was perfect.

I was currently six months pregnant and living in a relatively quiet community in an apartment with my boyfriend in Ajax, Ontario in Canada. The location of our house was miles away from where Raymond's castle was located and I felt safe being far away from his grasp.

James has been the perfect boyfriend as he has been taking care of me quite well. He loves me to death and this mutual attraction that we have for each other keeps growing stronger the more we spend time together. I never believed in soul mates but I think I have found mine.

James is so excited for our baby to arrive. He acts like he is the one pregnant which makes me laugh. We are not sure of the gender but we want it to be a surprise. We plan on having more kids later on and plan on leaving our past behind us. We have been doing well these past couple of months and soon, our life in the castle will be a blur.

I heard the squeak of the door and looked up to see my handsome boyfriend with a warm smile on his face.

"Honey, would you like anything to eat?" he asked me.

I was going to say no but then my little munchkin gave a little kick in my stomach, signalling that she or he wanted to eat something.

" Sure babe." I responded.

James told me he would go to a restaurant to get us dinner. He then gave me a peck on the lips and left the house.

My tummy had gotten bigger and I gently rubbed it with my hand and felt my baby kick. I cannot wait to see my baby. I have no idea what to call him or her. I have been thinking of baby names but I think when I see my baby, a name will come automatically.

I got up from my bed and decided to go downstairs to get a glass of water. I was feeling a bit dehydrated and needed to stay healthy for my sake and for the baby's development.

As I walked down the stairs, I heard a knock at my door. Who could be there? I don't know anyone around here. Maybe the neighbours wanted to borrow some sugar but after being here for four months, why would they want to act neighbourly now?

James and I rarely left the house as we wanted to be extra careful. If I desperately needed something, James would be the one to leave the apartment to get it for me. We wanted to take no chances in the event Raymond had someone trying to track me down.

The doorbell sounded again but I ignored it and went to get my glass of water. I thirstily gulped down the water and then decided to full my glass again and bring it upstairs to my bedroom. I exited the kitchen and was about to go back upstairs when the doorbell rang again, this time sounding more urgent and there was a pounding on the door.

My heart began to beat faster and for some strange reason, I did not feel safe. I did not want to answer the door as James was not home but maybe this person genuinely needed something. I was about to open the door when my intuition instructed me to peep through the window instead.

I carefully went to a window and peeked outside. A tall and muscular man stood outside and his cap was blocking his face from me. I looked around and noticed a peculiar car to the area but very familiar to me. It was one of Raymond's goons. Somehow they had managed to track me down.

I slowly backed away from the window and walked quickly up the stairs, careful not to trip because I didn't want to hurt my baby. A cold sweat developed on my forehead and I felt as if I was about to have a panic attack.