Chapter 9

"CONNER WERE GOING TO BE LATE!" my mom calls from outside my room. I groan waking myself up. Martha is gone when I lift myself up and look over to were she slept. Slowly I pull Tom closer to my bed. I don't even want to lock my wheels, so I make the biggest effort to jump into Tom without falling.

I grab myself some new pair of clothes the entire time huffing and puffing. "CONNER"

"I'm coming" I yell back. Finally I have a pair of shorts and t-shirt on wheeling myself to the van outside. My mom leaning on the van tapping her foot repeatedly. "You're in a rush."

"I have to contact a lot of people about the wedding" putting my chair in the back, then walking around to the driver seat. "And your sleeping in didn't help"

"I didn't get much sleep last night"

"You feeling okay? Do we need to talk to Dr.Lopez again?" mom drives out of the driveway and into the street.

"No, I'm fine, just having to much caffeine" I lie.

"That can do it"

I sigh. Not wanting my mom to know about my nightmares again. It really does hurt not being able to talk to someone about it. 30 minutes later we are at my therapy place, which is like a gym for the disability. "Here he comes, Conner" my coach Justin says while posted up at our normal station. Where he continues to teach me how to lift up my body in different ways.

"How are you doing?" Justin ask, wiping down the station we are about to use.

"I'm okay" I wheel myself over to Justin.

"That's good. Okay, so today isn't going to be that hard." Justin moves out of my way so I can put myself under the arm machine we are going to be working on today. Gripping a hold of the bar above me I pull it down and slowly back up. This is really easy for me because I have to do this everyday. Whether in my room, outside, or here at this gym. I'm always doing pull ups and activities for my arms and upper body muscles so I don't go out of shape. "We'll be doing this for a couple more minutes and then next is your legs."

"Alright" I sigh.

"Great let's get started" Justin spots me from the front. I concentrate on my breathing as I pull down the metal bar to my chest then releasing it up again. "Good good"

As I do a several more I can feel my muscles burn.

"Couple more, Conner" Justin insures me.

1 up...1 down

2 up...2down

Done.

"Great, let's get you some water"Justin wheels me to the water jug that sits right in front of the main entrance. I gulp down 3 small cups before taking another one slower.

"You good?" Justin ask.

"Yea...I'm good" I throw my cup in the trash like a basketball hoop.

"Alright,let's go over here" Justin walks to an open area I rarely go to. The area seems much free of space compared to other parts of the therapist area.

"Little quiet huh?" Justin asks staring at me. I can say he has beautiful eyes, I mean hazel eyes are my favorite, but I would never like my Disability Coach even though he is major HOT.

"Yea. What do I do?" I change the subject in my head.

"Well, I'll help get you to the ground"Justin locks Tom's wheels and helps me to the ground. Only for me to get a good whiff of his amazing smell. You would think that working in a gym will make you smell like sweat, but he smells FUCKING AWESOME. Excuse my language. Not really.