Chapter 13

Morning came with no warm body lying next to me. Maybe I dreamt it. I was pretty high last night.

"Morning" someone open my blinds sending me a major headache.

"Mom" I pull the blankets over my face.

"Come on your an hour late to school".

"WHAT?" I shout sitting up looking around my room for Tom. I definitely regret doing it, because my head ache starts to pound in my head. I groan rubbing my temples.

"Calm down, you had a crazy night last night. Take a bath than school" My mom pushes Tom right next to my bed side, always locking the wheels. Right before she leaves she turns around. "Oh, you and Phillip look so cute together."

"We're not together" I furrow my eyebrows.

"Didn't look like it this morning" she smiles leaving me to my thoughts.

We're not together...No matter how bad I want us to be. He was just helping a friend. Nothing more and nothing less. After 10 minutes of trying to not doze of back to sleep I got up to take a cold bath. Didn't help much, but I can make it through the rest of the day.

"Conner, you done?" my mom voices says through the bathroom door as I am changing.

"Almost".

"Ok, met you outside. Breakfast and lunch is on the kitchen table".

"Alright" I pull on my shirt. Breakfast is a breakfast bar while lunch is some money. Yea, my mom is great!

~~~~

"Hey mom" I grab the seat handle tighter.

"Yes?" Mom turns the corner to drive on the street my school is on.

"I want to leave sooner" I clear my throat.

"Oh, Conner, why sweetie?"

"I just can't stay here anymore." I admit.

"We can work it out, hon. Just tell me what it is" .

"It's nothing. It wouldn't hurt to leave sooner, right?"

"Well, I guess. Is this what you really want?"

"Yes"

"Let me speak to the principal today"

"Great" I finally look into my mom eyes, which are very watery at the moment. "Don't cry."

"I'm not" she fake chuckles.

"Right" pulling into school I see Phillip car park right next to Martha's in the front of the school. My mom parks her car and looks at me.

"I love you, Conner, you know that right?"

"Of course mom" I open my door.

"Then you know I want what's best for you and your siblings"

"Yes" I smile at her.

"Oh God" she puts her hand on my cheek staring at me until she wasn't anymore and she's setting Tom next to me outside the van. I slide into him unlocking the wheels."This weekend, you leave"

"Okay" I say when my mom kiss my forehead.

"Have a good day at school"

"I will" maybe...

I wait for my mom to leave to go inside the school when I stop at the door of the office seeing someone inside that I'm trying to avoid and get rid of. Brad turns around to look at me giving me a grin that gave me shivers in my back. This isn't good. He's come for me. I need to tell someone. I wheel myself into the closet bathroom and call the officers number.

"Hello"

"This is officer Taylor"

"Hi, this is Conner Derick. Lillian Derick son, I want you to know Brad, my dad, is at my school."

"You said what, your breaking up"

"Brad is here at my-" my phone is taken out of my hand. Dear god...a second later something wraps around my mouth and nose then I black out.

~~

"Conner" a voice startled me awake. "Conner wake up"

I slowly open my eyes to see a ginger boy with black eyes looking back at me.

"Logan" I rub my head. "Where am I?"

"I don't know. I follow your dad here"

"You what?"

"I saw he was taking you away from the school" he tries to lift me up. "I call Martha"

"Great" I sign. "Where is he?"

"He ran the moment the police got here"

"The police..." I continue to rub my head.

"Yea..they came right when you guys got here" Logan pulls my chair by me and sets me in. " My first instinct was to call Martha. There's one officer outside. "

"Outside." finally I look around my surrounding to see I was at on old warehouse. Super dark, but not as dark, because there were some crack windows here and there. And I was lying on the dirty ground. I can't breathe. "I can't breathe."

"Okay let's get you out of here".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sooo sorry this was really short. Can't believe I made it this far. Thanks to my readers and voters. Almost done with this book already, couple more chapters. First book I ever finish in my life. Pretty amazing huh, ahahaha. Thanks again.

Much love <3 <3