Chapter 14

The moment we are outside I see a police officer talking to my mom and an ambulance pulling in up a narrow driveway. Logan waves them over to me when they see us and jump out the second they stop the vehicle. I don't remember what happens next, but when I come back to reality I'm laying in a hospital bed attach to wires. An air mask wraps around my face so I can't see anything. I pull it off to see my right leg wrap in white banages. What happen there?

"He's up" I turn my head to see who the voice belonged to. Logan and my mom are in the room with me, but with my mom closer than Logan.

"Hey man" Logan smiles.

"Hey".

"Everything's going to be okay, honey. Brad is in custody and he can't touch you." my mom moves my hair out my face. And that's the crazy thing Brad would beat us when mom wasn't there but going as far as this was just stupid.

"They got him?" I stare at her.

"They got him" she smiles.

"Which room?" a voice yells from outside the door.

"This one" a second later Martha pushes through the door with James at her side."Dear God. Conner" she runs to my bedside squeezing my neck in a big hug.

"Your chocking me"

"Oh, I'm sorry" she lets go. "What happen?"

"Martha" mom starts. "Give Con some space"

"Hey bro" James hugs my neck but not as tight as Martha. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay" I sign." Does anyone know what happen to my leg?"

Everything and everyone grew quiet. That bad...

"Anyone?" I sigh.

"Brad stab you, Conner" my mom speaks up. "Not only there"

Now that she say it my side is killing me, it burns so much. How did I not feel that before?

"Where's...where's Alexis?" I ask.

"Oh, she's downstairs. She can't wait to see you." Martha squeezed my hand.

"Phillip's down there too" James says.

"How long do I have to be in here?"

"A couple more days, they just have to make sure your vitals are good and stuff" my mom smiles again.

I sigh. The door opens again to reveal Kaydn, of all people.

"Oh honey, you came" mom gets up to kiss Kaydn.

"Yea, I've been downstairs waiting" Kaydn walks to my bedside setting a teddy bear down. "How are you feeling?"

"Okay" I try to sit up.

"No!" my mom yells.

"Don't do that" Martha sets me back down.

"Is he allow to move?" James ask. Ever so serious...

"You can open up your stitches." Martha says with a hand on my shoulder.

"Oh" is all I can say.

"Maybe some sleep?" Kaydn says.

"Yea" Logan stands up.

"Most def" my mom takes Kaydn hand leading him out the room. James and Logan were next to leave right after them.

"You had me scared" Martha stays behind sitting next to me on the bed.

"I'm sorry"

"It wasn't your fault" she sighs..