Chapter 10

OMG can you guys believe August Aiden said "Hi" to me. Shout out to him on Twitter, Instagram, ect.

Also shout out to this beautiful person right here. She has been there from the beginning of this book: Gisela4820

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the way home it was very quiet, I hate silence soo much.

"Mom" I pout.

"What, Conner?".

"It's so quiet in here!" I cross my arms.

"What's on your mind?".

"Well, the fact that your getting married soon" I start off.

"Oh honey, I know it's a lot to handle"

"It's not that mom, I'm glad your happy again" I smile, but then i felt it fade away. "I just want to hold off from Mamaw's for a little bit."

"That's fine Con" she smiles, "I kinda guess you were going to say that. Luf will be fine with her animal carer"

"I sure hope so" .

"Is something else going on?" I realize it got quiet again.

"Actually..I've been meaning to tell you about something"I blush, "Can we invite our new neighbors over for dinner one day?"

"Yea, that would be great. Maybe after all the appointments and stuff settles down."

"Okay" I sigh.

As the drive home continued I felt more peaceful than just silent...Nothing is more beautiful than the Earth's atmosphere and landscape...my phone vibrates on my arm.

"Hello?"

"Conner."

"Yea, who's this?"

"Your dad".

I almost dropped my phone. I haven't spoken to Brad since before the crash. He would only come over on special occasions , but then the accident happened, and he stopped coming. I always thought it was because he didn't want to see us like we were, but I knew it wasn't that. You see, my dad is a drugie, he does anything you can think of. Cocaine, heroin, pot, crystal myth, anything. I hated him for leaving us, but there's no point on hating someone who doesn't care back. MY problem now is why he is calling me. How the HELL did he get my number? Who does he think he is:

"Hello?" Brad says on the other line.

"What do you want Brad."

"Come on, please don't be like this. I just want to see you and your siblings, okay"

"Bullshit! Why the fuck would you care now?" I shout in the phone.

"Conner Lee Derick" my mother gasp.

"Come on Conner" Brad whines.

"Don't call this number again!" I hang up.

Dead silence for at less ten minutes. Until mom broke the silence.

"That was your dad, huh?" mom ask.

"Yup".

"What did he want?"

"Probably drugs" I laugh.

"Poor Conner, I'm sorry" I feel my mom hand grab mine.

"You didn't do anything. I'm done with him." I hold her hand back.

As we pull up in our driveway I see Phillip outside with his sister, who looks so cute in her outfit and everything. They look the exact same, but a big difference in age. Her dark wavy hair flew in the wind as Phillip spins her around. Phillip looks up locking eyes with mine. I blush looking down. Martha calls at me through the front door. "Hey Conner"