{Chapter 4: 3/4}

Please read the A/N at the bottom

Y/N's POV

I watched Marvin do a few tricks, of course he messed up on some but I had to look like I was enjoying it. This guy will definitely be useful to me, especially if I need any record change or if I want to get out. I continue watching him do a few more tricks until he stopped for a bit.

"Can I ask you a few questions?" He asked shyly. I looked at him confused before answering him,

"Sure, I might ask you a few as well since I am quite interested about you." I said as I leaned my head into my head. Marvin took a breath and fixed the straps that held his cape.

"W-Why are you here?" He said and hid away from me as if he had offended me. Of course he would be curious about that, after all it is only human nature to be curious and wonder what another human is doing in a place like this.

"Well... I don't think like other people, just because I tend to be expressionless and be a little more observant to the world around me they think I am not stable. I am what you call a sociopath in their book. I simply think I am a woman who looks more at things at different angles and try and figure out how they think." I explain to him. Marvin seemed a little shocked at my answer but nodded.

"Where did the whole outfit change come from? I thought they only allowed jumpsuits and maybe different colored T-Shirts?" I ask him with a little curiosity and a small smile on my face. Marvin seems to think for a bit.

"Well, you may find this hard to believe..." He says slowly and quietly, as if it is some big secret or if I won't believe him. I nod at him, signaling him to go on.

"Well, I am an alter ego of a man named Jack." He said.

"So like a personality? It seemed like he had MPD to me." I respond to him as I sat up straight. Marvin fiddled with the ends of his black cape before looking at me again.

"Not exactly MPD... You see an alter ego is someone who actually lives inside another person's mind.. They develop them over time and soon they develop their own mentality and soon they can take over the body of their host, we even have different personalities, opinions, outfits, and stuff." Marvin explained to me. I look at him with a raised eyebrow, how on earth does something like that happen? This guy be either really into it or he is being serious. Well for now I will just believe him, after all I don't want him thinking I am like everyone else here, I want him to trust me and think of me as his "friend". Marvin begins to clutch his head and groans in pain.

"Are you alright Marvin?" I ask with concmern in my voice. He shakes his head and his body begins to change from him to a different guy. I look entirely shocked now, it was as if Marvin was morphing into someone else literally. Something that a person with MPD cannot do. I watch Marvin duck behind the couch. I sit up more trying to see what was going on. Soon the room went from noises of pain to silence. I hesitantly look behind the couch before a man in a snapback quickly perked up as if he were a Meerkat.

"Hey bro, I'm Chase!" He said excitedly and loud. I scoot back a little from him. The man, I now identify as Chase, was wearing a completely different outfit then what Marvin was wearing. He had black skinny jeans on and a regular T-Shirt and a red hat that he fixed. Much like Marvin and Jack he had green hair and blue eyes, that I still didn't like. He had a huge grin on his face that can put a smile on anyone's face, which means either this man is a really happy fella or he has suffered a lot.

"Y/N..." I say quietly after observing him. Chase sits down right by me and looks at me. After about five minutes I started getting agitated by his grin and how he kept poking me every once in a while.