{Chapter 11: Alone In Therapy}

This chapter will have mentions of rape, abduction.

Y/N's POV

Anti has been in Jack's mind since his little proclamation, apparently, he was growing weak from being away from Jack's mind for so long. For the meantime, I've been hanging out with Serene. I have neglected to talk to her and get to know her. Besides, it's useful having a child with voices in their head and not knowing what is reality. Serene was staring off, her tense body told me she was slightly scared of me.

"So how has it been here?" I asked her with a small smile. She looked at me,

"OK, still getting used to it.. Luckily I already knew you two." She said in a soft voice. I nodded at her before silence filled the space again. Serene is an innocent girl, she may have her own issues, but other than that she seems to have done no wrong. She seems to be a slight pushover as well, which makes my job easier. 

"Hey, I've been meaning to thank you." My thoughts were interrupted by her small voice. I glance over at her, she was looking at me with a genuine and guilty expression, as if she felt bad for not thanking me earlier. 

"For what?

"For helping me with Madison and Jamie. I never really had that support in a long time." She quickly added before looking down. I stared at her for a second before scooting closer to her.

"Really?" I questioned her with a raised eyebrow. I was slightly intrigued by her, she never really talked to other patients unless they wanted her opinion or they wanted to talk to a voice in her head. Which is quite sad really, more people look at her as a voice rather than the actual person.

"I didn't have the most stable home.. It wasn't because of abuse really, m-mainly issues with the law and me." Serene stuttered slightly. I guess she was a little hesitant about telling me this, but I still gave her a slightly sad look,

"You can tell me." I said simply. She looked in thought for a moment, probably to see if I was trustworthy, which some might say I'm not. Finally, she looked at me,

"My dad did certain medications he wasn't supposed to and when mommy realized I needed help she sent me here and said she will come back when they said I was well enough." She explained with a small frown. I nodded and rubbed her back, in an attempt to calm her. Maybe I really wanted to calm her, or maybe I wanted to lure her in. I guess the real reason she told me was out of loneliness or something. She let out a sigh of a relief. I am not going to say I feel bad for her, I can't. I go to say something before a nurse walks in.

"Hey Y/N, time for a personal therapy." She says in a nice and quiet tone as if she was talking to a child. But then again she probably is considering how nervous her gaze looked. I nodded and patted Serene one last time before following her.

----------------------------------

 Robert was showing me newspapers and pictures of people and scenarios I don't care for. I don't care about them unless they can provide something. 

"Take this." He said and handed me an article. I scanned it over,

Woman abducted is rescued. Police report that her former boyfriend asked to meet up with her at a shop. He then proceeded to drug her and put her in the back of his vehicle before selling her into human trafficking.

I didn't bother reading the rest. Didn't know the woman, so I didn't care. Robert let out a sigh before taking it from me. He looked in thought for a bit before writing something down and looking at me.

"Follow me." He said as he got up. I let out a small sigh of annoyance as I walked behind him. He led me to this white room, filled with paintings and objects that were more than likely meant to trigger a reaction out of me.

"Just sit here for a bit." Robert said before leaving. He walked away, locking the door behind him. I didn't do anything except cross my arms and stare at things. Some paintings involved dark themes while others were more subtle. But the objects sitting on the table held different meanings. I stared at them for a bit before slowly making my way toward them. 

A rubber knife (obviously they wouldn't give me a real one), an envelope, and finally a dying orchid.

I stared at them for a little while longer...

How strange. 

The meaning behind these. And how they represent certain things so well. I gently picked up the toy knife and examined it. 

---

"Y/N?" I stop playing with my knife and look up at her,

"Hmm?" I hummed with a slight look of curiosity as I repositioned myself against the wall. 

"This is going to sound like a silly question-" She laughed a little as she rubbed the back of her neck.

"Just ask your question." She looked at me a little shocked before looking at the ground,

"What's the point of death? Is there any meaning behind it? I know some people die and it helps others, but what's the point in some?" She asked, her amber eyes now looking at me. I simply stared at her before turning my attention back to the knife.

"Well, Death has a point behind it. It is used as a symbolic meaning or consequence. Sometimes the point is a reminder that people can be snatched away so easily... But sometimes the real point is just," I finally look up at her again,

"To accept it."

----

My eyes darken a little before putting it down and picking up the envelope,

---------

"....Take care silly! And please try not to gobble it all down :)" 

I skimmed the letter before rolling my eyes and began eating what she cooked for me. 

Always there for me.

-----

The paper crumbled under my grip before my eyes went to the dying Orchid. Why did this all feel staged? Orchids were her favorite, something about the meaning behind them is what she told me. Nothing but memories ran through my mind, all moving to fast, it took over my senses. It was all I could hear, smell, and see. Soon I was in nothing but a dark and empty void. It wasn't until I felt a familiar scene morph into the void.

And soon I found myself reliving all my regrets.

"You're going to be OK, stop being dramatic." I said helplessly as I held her. The blood puddle never seemed to have stopped. All she did was chuckle weakly.

"Remember when I asked about death?" She weakly asked with a small tear trail going down her face. I simply nodded, a wide-eyed expression not leaving my face.

"Mine has a point r-right? So at least if I leave, something can be gained, right?" She asked with a small sad smile, that was struggling to stay there.

"Ya... Just..." I took a breath,

"Breathe." She nodded and slowly closed her eyes, but I could tell she wanted to so desperately stay awake.

All for me.

But soon she went completely limp in my arms. I simply sat there staring at her, tears pouring from my eyes. I finally choked up a sob,

"ANNABELLE!" I shouted as loud as possible, shutting my eyes tightly shut as I didn't want to see it anymore. The shout echoed around me and stopped, leaving nothing but silence again.

"If only she was still here." A deep voice echoed behind me. I immediately sat straight up, my eyes opening wide. But instead of seeing Annabelle's bloody corpse I saw a black void again as if it never happened. I turned my head to look behind me and saw him standing there, in his usual attire. He was doing nothing but staring at me, his expression dull.

"Dark..." My voice shook for once.