one

Hanahaki Disease was what they called it. or unrequited love with some seriously fucked up side effects. and there were only two ways to cure it. surgery to remove the infection from the heart and brain that would leave the person void of emotions for the rest of their life, or have the feelings returned.

it started with yoongi coughing. "what the fuck?" the first time it happened, he, confused, covered his mouth and discovered roses shooting into in his palm. that lasted a couple of days before the vomiting started.

it's daisies this time. serene and white, they fly to every corner of the bathroom floor, instead of floating in his toilet. he hoped all this was some long-ass dream, as he knew the Hanahaki Disease would kill him off sooner or later. because jimin doesn't have feelings for yoongi.

yoongi could handle the coughing. he would cover his mouth real tight and turn his head, so no one could see the petals coming out. the vomiting, however, was a little harder to conceal and even more upsetting. upsetting to the point where he fell into depression and broke down, turning to his two closest friends, hoseok and taehyung.

he never thought he would be telling them this.

"i love jimin," he choked, as he coughed out more flowers.

yoongi wasn't sure when exactly he fell for jimin, but that didn't matter. he was sure that jimin would never return his feelings, and that meant the end.

"you should go for the surgery," hoseok stated. it wasn't exactly the best idea, because yoongi would be void of all emotions, but it was worth stopping the choking, puking, and coughing. maybe they could help yoongi gain back his emotions. maybe.

taehyung thought the idea was absurd. "no. we aren't doing that. it's too risky, and i don't want to lose hyung," taehyung was against yoongi going for that surgery. he's had friends who've gone through the surgery and they never made it. taehyung wanted yoongi to be alive.

after he waved away hoseok and taehyung, yoongi felt them coming up again.

his stomach churned and he doubled over, blood-red rose petals spilling from his lips. it went on for several minutes and the roses clogged the toilet. he wanted to cry, he couldn't take it anymore. he flushed the petals into the toilet. he refuses to think about jimin.

he just wanted everything to end.

but he couldn't stop loving park jimin.