five

yoongi felt so bad.

yoongi liked jimin, and he knew that jimin liked someone else. yet, he still gave jimin the burden of liking him. even though jimin didn't know yoongi liked him, jimin sacrificed all his time to be with yoongi.

yoongi blinked at the hospital ceiling. he opened his mouth, and realized he had an oxygen mask over his lips. he saw jimin out of the corner of his eye.

yoongi felt nothing.

usually, yoongi's chest would flutter whenever jimin talked to him, rubbed his back, or if he was just nearby, but now he felt nothing. tears filled his eyes and before he knew it, they slipped, dripping onto the pillow he was resting on. jimin noticed. "don't cry, hyung," jimin whispered, and wiped his tears away. "everything is going to be all right."

yoongi spent three weeks in the hospital, and when he got out, all that remained of the Hanahaki Disease was the scar from the operation. "ah, i'm tired," yoongi sighed. he frowned, placing his hand over his chest.

hoseok accompanied yoongi to his bedroom, and they sat down to have a chat. "yoongi hyung, do you feel better? what happened in the hospital?" hoseok asked. yoongi cleared his throat to speak, but felt a sharp pain in his chest. he ended up coughing into his hand, and he froze when he felt the silky petals. hoseok was silent, and stared at the petals is yoongi's palm. "what," hoseok questioned.

"i got surgery." yoongi replied. hoseok jumped in panic, grabbed yoongi's wrist and dragged him into the living room, yelling for jimin. yoongi didn't have any say about what was happening, even when jimin held his hand and unwrapped the petals from yoongi's fingers. "i- thought you said you could take care of it," jimin said with gritted teeth, his voice shaking. "how could you take care of feelings so deep that come back even after you get surgery?"

yoongi remained silent. he didn't know.

jimin dragged yoongi into the bathroom. "yoongi hyung- please- who is she? who is the one? hyung, i can't see you suffer anymore. just tell me," jimin pleaded. he knew it wasn't him, so there was no point in not knowing who yoongi liked anyway, right?