Chapter 1

Y/n's Pov

I wake up to my best friend Ashlynn jumping up and down on my bed. "Y/n wake up! Today is your big day, you gotta get up! C'mon, please?" I just groan in response, only half understanding what she is saying, "Y/n come on! Wake up! Today is the day and you need to be there as soon as you get the email." All of a sudden I understand why I am not still asleep this early on a Saturday morning and (rudely) being woken up by my best friend. Today I will be receiving an email that will change my life forever, this email will be telling me if I have gotten the role of a new character on Stranger Things, Megan.

I auditioned around two months ago, it was a fairly short process. Basically I went to an office, waited in a line of about 60 girls who looked eerily similar to me for about an hour, then called into a room and said a couple of lines in front of a camera and then I left. This happened around 3 more times over the past two months except each time I went back the number of girls in line got smaller and smaller until there was only 3 of us left. Those other two girls are probably doing the exact same thing as me now, staring at their laptop and refreshing their email every 30 seconds.

I suddenly jump up and run out of my bedroom into the living room to find my laptop. It's sitting in front of the TV on charge, exactly where I left it last night. I quickly open it, log on and click on my emails and wait for the page to refresh. I soon hear Ashlynn coming down the hallway into the living room and sliding onto the couch next to me. Once my emails have been refreshed I sift through them to see if I can see the one I have been waiting for for months now. Just as I had expected, the email I had been looking for wasn't there. After refreshing it a few more times I leave my laptop to go to the toilet.

~

We've been sitting here for a solid three hours refreshing my emails and I'm starting to get hungry. "Ashlynnnnn, can you please grab us some food from the kitchen?" She just grunts and walks into the kitchen. "Thank you!" I yell into the other room. I check my watch, time to refresh my emails again! Then it happened. An email with a small blue dot next to it showing that it's unread was shown in my inbox. I click on it. All of a sudden everything slows down.

Dear Y/n,

We are happy to inform you that you have received the role of Megan in Stranger Things season three!

There was more to the email but that was all I cared about. "ASHLYNN!" I screamed. "What?" She yelled back. "I GOT THE PART!" She comes running into the living room. "Are you serious?" I nod my head. 'Oh my god, I'm so proud of you! Congratulations!" I thank her and she pulls me into a big hug. We sit there for a while with big smiles on our faces. I still couldn't believe that I was going to be on Stranger Things, my absolute favourite show in the universe. Some say that I have an obsession but I disagree, I think I like it a perfectly normal amount. By this I mean I have an extreme obsession that can not be cured. After what seems like forever we finally move. I pick up my laptop and read through the rest of the email.

Filming starts on December 7th in Jackson, Georgia and a we will fly you and a guardian out two days before filming starts. We will send you a copy of your script so you can start learning lines!  Please get back to us within the next 24 hours or the role will be handed to the next girl in line. Sincerely, 

The production team of Stranger Things.

December 5th is perfect timing since school goes out the day before. I then realize that I haven't 1) Accepted the role or 2) Asked my mum if this was even ok. I quickly grab my phone and call my mum who has been at work this whole time.

~

After a lengthy conversation with my mum and a bit of convincing she finally agrees that I will be going to Jackson on December 5th by myself and my mum will come and visit once in a while to check up on me. After hanging up on my mum I open up my laptop again and reply to the email.

To whom this may concern,

I'd like to thank you for even considering me for this role and I would like to accept your offer. It will just be me flying to Jackson as my mother has work. I look forward to working with you! Sincerely,

Y/n L/n.

There, it's final. I will be playing role of Megan in Stranger Things, it's a dream come true! I still can believe that I will not only be meeting my idols but also my crush, Finn Wolfhard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

So, first chapter! What do you think? Should I continue? Anyway, thanks for reading this if there is even anyone reading this, I honestly am terrible at writing.

Until next time.