Chapter 5

Millie's Pov (The night before)

I am about to get into bed when I receive a text from Noah.

Noah: OMG FINN JUST TOLD ME HE THINKS Y/N IS CUTE
Millie: WAIT REALLY? I KNEW HE WAS LYING WHEN HE DENIED IT EARLIER!

The little bubble that meant he was typing came up, disappeared and then popped up again before a text finally came through.

Noah: Sorry Finn was chasing me so I locked myself in the bathroom, I think he figured it that I'm texting you 😳
Millie: k
Noah: You didn't NOT just 'k' me. Anyway, getting back to the subject *clears throat*. YES IT'S TRUE I WAS LIKE YOU KNOW YOU CAN TRUST ME AND HE WAS LIKE YEA AND HE TOLD ME THAT HE THOUGHT SHE WAS CUTE AND HE MIGHT HAVE FEELINGS FOR HER IN THE FUTURE!!!!!
Millie: Omg I ship it! We HAVE to do something to get them together. I'm pretty sure Y/n likes Finn I mean, did you see how she was looking at him when she got here?
Noah: Yes definitely I'm 100% in I ship them too. Ask Y/n in the morning and then we can start thinking of I plan.
Millie: Ok I will, I better get to bed now. Goodnight 😴
Noah: Ok, night 🙃

I put my phone down on my bedside table and look over at Y/n. I chuckle silently thinking of Noah and I's plan. I turn over and close my eyes only to open them again few moments later hearing a bang and then a giggle which slowly turns into a laughing fit which I recognize as Noah's. I smirk and close my eyes again, soon falling into a dream-filled sleep.

~

Y/n Pov (The next morning)

I wake up to a face right above mine. That face happened to belong to the one and only Millie Bobby Brown. I freak out all of a sudden and try my best to stay still, just lying there with my eyes open staring at her face. "Hey there!" she says happily, still only inches away from me. "Hi." I say, trying to sound as normal as possible. She moves away from my face and sits on my bed. I sit up and rub my eyes. "What time is it?' I groan. She laughs lightly and replies, "10:35, I've been up for almost 2 hours. It's just you and Caleb asleep at this point." I stretch one more time before hopping out of bed and putting on my favourite jumper. "We better head down stairs and be social then. Come on." I say, waving her over to walk down with me. She grabs my arm and stops me before I can open the door. "Hey Y/n, can I ask you something?" "Yeah sure." We walk over to her bed and sit down. "Y/n, do you like Finn?" she says with a grin. I just stare at her with a shocked expression on my face. How am I supposed to answer a question like that? If I tell her the truth she might think I'm creepy since I've only known him for less than 24 hours. I decided to play it cool. "Pshh, no! Of course I don't like Finn, that's hilarious!" I force myself to laugh and then look at her to see if she bought it. I can already tell by her facial expression that she didn't. "Y/n, come on. Just tell the truth!" she says, giving me a knowing look. After a few seconds of attempting to debate with my eyes I give in. I stand up and start pacing the room as I say "Ok, ok fine. Maybe I do like him but it's just a celebrity crush, what if he's nothing like the guy I used to dream about at home? And even if he is the same guy I thought he was it's not like he'd ever feel the same way as I do!" I sigh and sit down again, looking hopeless. After a while I look up at Millie and she says a simple 'ok' and skips to the door as if I hadn't just told her how I feel about one of her closest friends. Just before she heads out the door she stops and says "Y/n, you coming?" I snap out of my thoughts and say "Oh, yeah." I smile at her and grab our phones before heading out the door. I hand her her phone and try to get back to my normal self which surprisingly isn't that hard.

Millie leads me through the house, pointing out a few things along the way. We finally arrive in the kitchen where everyone is either eating or on their phones except for Caleb who is most likely still asleep. "Hey guys." Millie says. Everyone says hi back in someway but they don't look up however as soon as Millie mentions my name while asking if I wanted a bowl of cereal everyone looks up and welcomes me with a good morning. I tell Millie that a bowl of cereal would be great and go and sit at the breakfast bar. Millie gives me my cereal and then announces that her and Noah will be eating outside and a confused Noah is soon dragged into the backyard.

I take a couple of bites of my cereal and as I had just put my third spoonful into my mouth Finn comes over and sits next to me. "Hey," he says smiling, "Sleep well?" I look at him for half a second with a panicked expression on my face. I then make all these weird hand movements attempting to let him know that I was chewing. He just laughs and waits for me to finish eating my mouthful. Once I am finally done I say "Hey, yeah I slept great. Sorry about the chewing, you sat down at an awkward time." "It's fine, it was kinda cute." He says. "Thanks." I say, trying to be polite. I suddenly realize what he said. "Did you just say I was cute?" I say quietly with a small smile on my face. He looks down and says, "Um, uh sorry. I just... I better... I'm going to go check on Millie and Noah." and with that he runs out of the room.

Finn's Pov

"Did you just say I was cute?" She says quietly with an adorable smile on her face. Shit, shit, shit. I did. I internally scream at myself. What am I supposed to say? I look down, red as a tomato. I somehow manage to mumble "Um, uh sorry. I just... I better... I'm going to go check on Millie and Noah." I run out of there as fast as I can and into the bathroom. I lock the door then sit down on the floor and mentally beat myself up. Why did you say that you idiot! She didn't even like it when you called her cute. Oh who am I kidding, she could never like a guy like me. I sit in the bathroom for another half hour before going into one of the living rooms to play video games.

Noah's Pov

Millie drags me outside, leaving her bowl of cereal behind. "What's up?" I say, extremely confused about what's going on. "I was right, Y/n likes Finn." "Really?" I say. "Yup," she confirms, "Now we can start thinking up a plan." Millie and I sit outside for the next hour thinking out our new plan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

All of your thanks for a new chapter should go to my friend who is so hooked that she was practically begging me to publish a new chapter so here it is! Also, I am fortunate enough to be able to go to Interactive Introverts (Dan and Phil's World Tour) and I'm so excited that all my friends are going to leave me because of how much I have been freaking out about it. I also might add that I am going in August next year so yeah... I'm not obsessed, I swear! Anyway, enjoy the chapter!

Until next time.