EPILOGUE

It was dark outside. The village was sleeping. He knocked on the familiar wooden door, calling her name.

There was some noise and the door opened immediately to a wide-eyed lady. She threw herself in his arms and he carried her in, locking the door. They both cried and did not let go of each other for a long time. He snuggled into her neck and took a whiff of her fragrant hair. She patted his back and rocked both their bodies rhythmically as if she would a crying child. It felt good to be home.

"Will you run away with me?" he whispered into her ear.

She hugged him tighter and nodded. With a spring he lifted her in his arms and gently kissed her soft lips.

Levi and Laura, together with Crenolette, Vera and their old neighbour, left the Kingdom that was heading towards destruction.

* * *

  The Sorcerer's castle was hidden behind thick tall trees. From the foot of the hill, Hemnes witnessed the castle roof rattle violently before disappearing into the mist. He climbed up as fast as he could only to see the dying sparks of the Sorcerer's magic. He was gone, castle and all.

 Looking down, Hemnes could no longer see himself. He did not even have the luxury to shed tears of sorrow.

 Back at the village, people were dying. His mother was nowhere to be found. So was Laura and the two girls. Hemnes could only hope that they were alive and somewhere safe.

 And he wandered, searching.

* * *

 The musician told to himself that he did not need luxuries to live a fulfilled life. No doubt he would be able to manage it if mere peasants could do so everyday. He repeated the words until he trusted them himself, waiting to be released from the Sorcerer's curse.

 The musician kept fooling himself until finally, the plague reached him. He was freed of his curse by death itself.

* * *

 The King abandoned his throne. Everyone was either dead or dying. There was no more a Kingdom. Only lost souls.