CHAPTER 6:WHAT?

Kristina's POV

The bell rang signalling school end.

Each step I took made me even more nervous since I had to meet Gabriel near his car.

There he was,looking breathtaking as always.

"Get in the car."Gabriel said monotonously.

I remained glued to my roots since from what I've learnt,nobody I mean NOBODY has ever sat in his car.Not even his friends.

"Are you coming or not?"He said.

I immediately rounded the car and took a seat.

The smell of the leather was littering in the car.It smelt heavenly.

"You've got only 3 hours since after that we will meet only for a final time."He said.

I was heartbroken but I recovered since it was bound to happen.I knew it.

I muttered a low okay.

"We'll be there in 15 minutes."He uttered,clearly uninterested.

The car ride was definitely awkward and uncomfortable except the small talk about how mamy minutes are left.

After a few minutes,we reached a small cliff where we saw the sun setting.

It was such a mesmerising panorama.The sky was setting to be seeped by a colourful outburst of red,orange and pink.

It was such a soothing sight.

"That nice,huh?"Gabriel spoke all of a sudden.

"Yah.."I answered.

We spent the next few hours planning and making map plans.Then we started the assignment.

Since time was limited,we ended up not being able to finish it.

"Don't worry about the assignment,I will finish it,"I spoke softly.

"Ok then.I will drop you home.Do you live nearby?"He asked.

"Yeah,just a few blocks away from high school.It's within walking distance,"I replied.

I gave him the directions and soon I reached home.I waved at him awkwardly to signal him that I'm fine,after having thanked him.

"I'm back,mum!"I chirped happily after all,school was not that creepy as I thought.

"Sweetie,hurry up come upstairs,"My mum shouted from upstairs.

I was shocked to see what laid behind the doors.

My dad was on the bed with a doctor at his side.He had an oxygen mask on his face.

He was sleeping but his breathing was uneven.

My heart nearly broke on seeing my mum and my sister crying continuously.

After dead silence,I finally asked "What has happened to dad?".

"He has a tumour and ---"Mum was trying to be strong but couldn't complete her sentence since she was cut by her own few traitorous tears.

"WHAT?"I muttered silently consoling myself that it will not be a serious and complicated tumour.

I couldn't believe my ears.

I was devastated.

"We will be moving to California since the best specialist is found there and I don't want to take any risks.Is it fine by you to leave school and come with us?"

The moment of choice hit me with a painful pang.

WHAT will I do?

Leave school and be with dad to support him or stay at school with Gabriel by my side?