CHAPTER 18:REACTION

Dedicated to someone 👈

Gabriel's POV:
I couldn't focus in class.Kristina clearly was miffed with me and has been avoiding me at all cost.

I haven't seen her since this morning,not even during lunch on the same table as her friends.

"Care to follow the class,Nike?"Mrs Herson said in a flat tone.

I didn't even bother to look up and continued thinking about Kristina.

I know that she will be angry at me for beating up that Danny but that rascal deserved more than that for laying his dirty eyes on Kristina.

But still,Kristina too agreed to go out with him,which is not fair.Maybe,she doesn't love me back...

I can't spend a minute without thinking about her beautiful self.She thinks that she is the ugliest girl on Earth just because other boys don't spare a glance towards her and I couldn't be more grateful than that.

She is the closest person,I've ever seen,to perfection.

She just can't take the hints that I love her and not that fake wife of mine.

She is much more than that for  me and she doesn't even have an inkling of that.

I can bear her wounding me physically but I can't bear her reaching for my heart and clenching it in her fist and crushing it..

And that was exactly what she was doing,agreeing to go out with that Danny freaking Carter.

Finally,I hear the annoying sound of the bell ringing.I packed my things and got out of that dead class.

I walked through the hallway aimlessly with Kristina on my mind.

I bumped into someone and all of the person's books fell down.

Without having a look,by the thumping of my heart,I could tell that the one I've been searching for was right in front of me.

She looked breathtaking as always in that red sleeveless crop top,denim jacket and dark washed jeans.

I kept on staring at her while she picked up her books and stomped past me but I shot out my hand to catch her wrists.

She was fuming with anger,her nose red with fire.

"Kristina,talk to me.."I started but she cut me off angrily.

"Why should I listen to you?I was in such a chaos just because of you,you and you..If it weren't for you,I wouldn't have gotten into so much trouble with Danny.If it weren't for you,I would have lived a peaceful life without that Nate of yours who always tries to meddle into my life.If it weren't for you,Danny wouldn't have been in such a condition sporting a few bruises and a black eye."She said,poking her delicate fingers at my chest everytime she said something negative about me.

"Wait,you can't blame  me for doing only negative things..You too have done horrible things.You texted Danny about going out  with him,you kept on nagging at me that you met Danny and sounded so happy that during the whole class you had a smile on,you --"She cut me off.

"Don't try to pinpoint me..You're the one at fault this time..Not me okayy?"She said in a little voice.

"Oh yeah?Then can you correct me?If I'm not wrong,the reason behind Danny being hurt,is that damn stupid message from you.."I said angrily.

"I lied to you,"She muttered under her breath,blatantly.

"What?Why,Kristina?Answer me!"I said in a raised tone.

"Answer me too..Why were you affected so much by that text?Why should it bother you?"She said angrily.

"Answer me first!"I said adamantly.

It was so silent that we could hear a pin drop.

A sole thought was reeling in my mind;confessing my love to her.

Then,I finally said it..

"I love you,Kristina.I always have.You've always been on my mind  ever since I've seen you.You're the prettiest girl I've ever seen no matter what you say.You have no idea about what's been going through me when I see you everyday before me and I can't even do anything about it.It hurts me not to make you mine and see you with that Danny in the corridors.I will always love you Kristina no matter what."I said looking down during the whole confession.

Her reaction was what took my breath away.