CHAPTER 7:SILENCE

Kristina's POV

I certainly didn't want to do this but I knew better than to hurt my mom's feelings at this point.

"When are we going?"I asked unwillingly.

"In 2 days,"She said with a sad smile.

"I'll take your leave now.Please ensure that during the trip he doesn't have any discomfort as it may cause side effects,"said the doctor.

"Yes doctor,thank you very much for your help."My mom said gratefully.

At the same time,I remembered something important.

THE ASSIGNMENT!!!!

I had an assignment to do and it won't be fair on my behalf to let Gabriel do it on his own.

I immediately went in my room and did the assignment which took me 3 whole hours.But it had to be done since I can't bail out on Gabriel I mean,he will be left in a lurch..

Will he remark my absence?

Ugghhh let it be it's upsetting my mood further more.

I called Mr.Chow,our principle,and asked him if I could give him the assignment to be given to Mr.Samuel.

He agreed since on Tuesdays,early morning the teachers have a meeting with the principle.

Upon meeting him,he asked me as to why was I telling him to give it to Mr.Samuel instead of giving him myself tomorrow.

I then told him about what happened.

"I'm really sorry for what happened dear.Let's hope that your dad gets well soon,"He said solemnly.

"It's okay sir..It's not your fault."I replied with an attempted smile but failed miserably.

"I'll take your leave now sir and thank you very much for whatever you have done during my stay over here."I added with a sad smile.

He nodded in recongnition with a dimmed smile on his face too.

As I reached home,I saw my mum sitting on a stool across the island bar.Milk was put to be boiled and was overflowing.

OMGGG

I immediately dashed towards the kitchen and turned off the gas stove.

My mum was still unaware,still deep in her thoughts.

"Mum,are you okay?"I asked.

Silence

I nudged her slightly.She was startled a bit.

"When did you come back,dear?"She asked with a coerced smile.

"Just now,"I replied unwilling to let this incident affect her more than she already was.

Throughout the day,from time to time,I looked after dad,taking care of whatever he needed.

Mum was busy in packing our bags,since tomorrow is our flight,but atleast that kept her busy and not absent-minded since mum was a cleanaholic.

My elder sister had gone to the university to tell them about the incident causing her to stop her studies.

Mom tried a lot to persuade her to complete her studies since university wasn't something minor.But she was adamant on coming with us since she and I were both apples of our father's eye.

Silence reigned in the house since we had all lost our will of talking and having fun.It was as if,our joie de vivre was lost.

We all went to sleep hoping that the new dawn does not bring us a new doom.