NEIGHBOUR

It would have been better if you moved on a Friday so you have the whole weekend to get to the house and look around. Unfortunately, you're here having breakfast to get enough energy for your first day in Harry Herpson Highschol. Your mom's the one that's excited for you, using chocolate syrup to draw a smiley face on your pancake. She places a glass of fresh avocado shake beside your plate.

"Eat up, sweetie," she said, switching the TV off. "You need energy on your first day."

"I do nothing in school but sit around," you said, placing your plate in the sink.

"So does your father in his lab and look at him. He's thin from all that thinking."

"Uh huh," you said, not really listening as you place the avocado shake in your tumbler.

Going to the living room you take your bag from the couch and put your tumbler inside. You mom notices your ready and she takes the car keys from the counter top. You get out of the house to the Mom car, a blue minivan. You take the front seat since the back is already taken by your mom's boxes and papers. Once your mom gets in the car she starts driving. The radio plays the song 'Do you feel it?' by Chaos Chaos. Just when you're getting into it she changes the channel into some talk show that's about some guy who wrote a book you've never even heard of. You groan inside, wishing you brought your earphones with you. To forget about the talk show you turn your attention outside, seeing houses similar to each other. An old lady is walking her cat witha leash. What the fuck, you thought. Well, you found the first weird person that every town will have. There are probably ore than one in this town. Finally, you arrive in front of the school. Your mom greets you a good day in school and kisses your forehead before you get out of the car. You take a deep breath, reassuring yourself that the first day will go smoothly. You enter the school, feeling anxious and excited at the same time. You're not really sure why you're excited though. The principal spots you in the hallway and comes up to you. Oh god, you repeat in your heas as the principal looks at you.

"(y/n) (l/n), you are the student, am I right?" the principal said, looking at her clipboard.

"Yeah," you said.

"Here's your schedule," she hands you a piece of paper and you take it. "Your first class is Math."

"Um. Where is that?"

"Uh," she pauses, looking around. and then points at someone. "Morty Smith, show the new student where Math class is."

"H-Huh?" the guy. Morty, said, surprised. "O-Okay. Follow me."

You follow the brown haired boy. While walking you notice him glancing at you from time to time. Not that it creeps you out. It just makes you wonder what the hell his deal is. He opens the door for you and you thank him. Everyone else is already in the classroom which is really surprising for you.

"Well, look who we got here," the Math teahcer said with a tone you're not sure if it's sarcasm or that's just how he speaks. "Come in and introduce yourself."

Morty gives you an encouraging smile and goes to his seat. You gulp and slowly walk in front of the class. This is exactly what you wanted to avoid, introducing yourself.

"Hi, I'm (y/n) (l/n)," you said, trying to sound confident. "Since I'm new here I hope everyone's nice and no one tries to take my money. That's it."

You look around and find the only seat available, beside Morty. You go take your seat and preapre for class. The teacher starts the lesson.

"I-It's nice to meet you, (y/n)," Morty stretches out his hand towards you.

"It's nice to meet you too, Morty," you shake his hand.