YOUTH

Your P.O.V. (1st Person)

I've seen a lot of things ever since I met the Smiths, but I never thought or even imagine seeing this... We all look at each other as we figure out what the hell is his deal.

"Daddd," Beth said slowly, weirded out. "Why are you...a teenager?"

"I'm taking this new and improved clone for a spin," Rick said nonchalantly.

"Wasn't there problems with it before?" Morty asked, narrowing his eyes at Rick.

"That's why I said it's new and improved Morty. A better Tiny Rick."

I slowly place my utensils on my plate as I look at Rick. It's my very first time seeing him ever with no wrinkles and how he's so short. I'm used to feeling so small beside him as if he's a skyscraper. Finished eating, Summer gets up and grabs her bag beside her chair and I follow and so does Morty. Jerry even if he's not yet done eating rises from his seat as well, taking the message that we're more than ready to go to school. Rick looks at us and does the same.

"He's going to high school to?" Jerry asked, pointing at Rick.

"He is a teenagers," Beth shrugged.

"Yeah, Jerry, you got a problem with that?" Rick asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Actually-"

"Whatever. I don't give a fuck as to what you think," Rick waves Jerry off.

Jerry frowns at him, offended by Tiny Rick's words. I wave goodbye and Beth and she does the same. I just watch Rick, his face void of emotions. I don't see the difference between this Rick and the old Rick. However, it feels different.

* * *

People gather around the announcement board in the hallway. I've never seen people crowd around like this in the hallway unless someone died from being frozen or there's a fight going. I push through the crowd, making my way to the board. There it is. The flyer that has everyone interest. A school dance? So that's what's got everyone all riled up. The crowd suddenly split into two and they step aside. Tiny Rick walks in the space they made only for him. Just by looking at his face it's obvious the flyer doesn't catch his interest, but his eyes seem to tell a different thing. At the corner of my eyes I spot Morty just near me in the crowd. He wave at me shyly.

"Morty, hey, do you-" I said, waving at him.

"Morty!" Jessica said, getting beside Morty. "Do you want to come to the dance with me?"

Morty's eyes easily turns to Jessica, his cheeks red. "Y-Yes!"

"Oh, that's great!" Jessica pulls him by the shoulder, away from the group of people.

I shouldn't be surprised that Morty did that, but for some reason it made me feel something. A feeling that I don't enjoy at all and I never will. A feeling that can drive anyone to lose their minds. I shake my head, suppressing this thing I feel in me.

"Hey, (y/n)," Rick said all of a sudden it made me jump.

"Y-Yeah?" I said.

"You wanna go to the dance with me?" He gives me a small smile.

A smile that seems so friendly I have never seen Rick do it. Old Rick. Which is pretty unusual.

"Yeah," I said, returning his smile.

"Cool. You gonna have lunch?"

"Yeah, are you?"

"You're asking me if I'm eating? Rick Sanchez would never miss out on his lunch."