DISTRESS

YOUR P.O.V. (1st person)

I tighten the screw one more time and wipe the sweat off my forehead, finally finished with making my AI CANINE. In a snap of my finger it turns on and lights up. It walks a few steps and sparks start to come out. Uh oh. One more step and it breaks down, the lights going off. I scream with my lips pursed, frustrated at how this is the tenth trial and it's still shit. It's supposed to simple. An AI that acts like a dog except it doesn't need training anymore to do tricks and obey rules. Maybe it's about time I give up. What am I saying? Scientists don't give up! You never know I might invent something no one ever has. But then there's such thing a Rick Sanchez who probably has invented all kinds of shit so I'm late in the game already.  Hell that guy can fix a portal gun with just the use of sex doll parts. Still pissed off, I go to Rick's garage. Under his work bench I take the box where he placed all of Beth's gadgets as a kid. Looking at the items I have to say Beth is one scary kid. I take the unbreakable bat and kick the box back under the work bench.  Spinning the bat in my hands I walk back to the living room. I smash the robot to let all my anger out. 

"Ohhh yeaahhhhh baby-Holy shit," Rick said, noticing me.

I freeze at the same time as them. The portal closes. The two boys are carrying a sack of stolen on their backs like two Santa Clauses. Except they steal instead of giving. Rick probably found some ship in distress or something to have all that loot. Their eyes switch from me to the axe then at me, expecting an explanation. I'm pretty sure Rick has figured it out by now what's happening, it's Morty who needs an explanation. I put the bat down, forcing an obvious fake smile. Rick takes a lot at the robot, picking up the motherboard, examining it. Morty takes the bat, making sure I don't hit anyone or anything else.

"Sorry," I sighed, breaking the awkward silence. "This project has been stressing me out. I don't know what's wrong with it. It won't work. Am I not smart enough?"

"(y/n), you're one of the smartest people I know," Morty said, rubbing your back.

"I know what you need, (y/n)," Rick said, standing back up and placing a hand on your shoulder.

"What?" Morty asked for me.

"A classic adventure babyyyyy!"

"We just got back from one!"

"This time it's (y/n) style."

"I don't know if an adventure is good for me," I said. "I can't do a robot right what more an adventure?"

"An adventure will be good for you," Morty said, his voice gentle. "It'll help let all that stress out."

"Yeah," Rick said. "So we can get this pathetic pity party over with."

"Okay," I nod. "Adventure."

Rick drops his sack of stolen goods. Taking the portal gun from the pocket of his lab coat he hands it to me. Oh my god I'm finally holding the portal gun. Holy shit. I can feel my stress slowly going away already. 

"Just put random shit and let's see where it goes," Rick said, sipping from his flask.

I do as he says then point the gun at the wall, creating my very first portal. Rick and Morty smile and nod at each other. It's so simple and yet I can't help but feel proud of myself. Morty gives me a thumbs up, supporting my enthusiasm. Morty drops the sack right besides Rick's and away way three go in the portal.

Rick's P.O.V. (1st person)

We arrive in a city that looks like the one you would find it Tron. I hope (y/n) doesn't call this city futuristic because this sure is the equivalent of modern era in Earth except everything's better of course. No doubt about that. The city's great but some of its habitants doesn't look as sophisticated as the place. (y/n)'s eyes are going insane, looking everywhere. That's the spirit. At least she's excited compared to Morty who was a pussy on our first few adventures. Jesus the kid doesn't even know how to turn on his own grappling shoes without having someone to tell him.