PAMPERED

Your mom and Beth have been really close ever since she invited the Smiths over last month to your house for dinner in celebration of her promotion. They go out to have coffee or just talk in the Smith's house. They're way too close that you're not even surprised how Beth knows more about what's going on in your mom's life than you do.  Which answers the reason why you're in the Smiths having dinner with them.

"So she wants time to do some soul searching," Beth slowly explained  as if you would have difficulty comprehending her.  "She asked if you can stay with us while she's not around so you don't cry alone in your room at night and I said yes."

"I don't cry at night when I'm alone in the house," you argued.

Maybe you do, maybe you don't, either way you don't want the Smiths to think that you do. Beth just looks at you and clears her throat.

"Can you at least tell me what her problem is?" you asked, growing tired of the conversation.

"Ssss," Beth looks away from you.

"She told you not to tell, didn't she?" you sighed. "I should really finish that mind reader project."

"Well, (y/n), welcome to the Smiths," Jerry said. "Feel at home. Think of us as your  second family."

"Thank you, Mr.Smith," you said, touched by his generosity.

"The problem is which room you'll be sleeping in," Beth said.

Summer, Rick, and Morty look at each other then you. It scares you how you have no idea what the hell they're thinking.  For all you know the silence could be bad. You continue eating pretending that everything's good.

"(y/n) can share a room with me," Morty said, breaking the long silence.

"Wouldn't that be...weird?" Summer said, raising an eyebrow at Morty.

"N-No, it's perfectly normal."

"Oh, perfectly normal, huh?" Rick said sarcastically.

"(y/n), are you fine with sharing a room with Morty?" Beth asked.

"Yeah, if you guys are fine with it," you said, shrugging.

"Then it's settled. (y/n) shares a room with Morty."

"But Morty's a boy!" Summer argued.

"Yeah, and he's weird around girls except Summer," Rick added. "He turns into this dumb loser that gets a voice crack every time he says hi to a girl."

"Wh-what do y-you guys have to complain about?" Morty said. "If you want her to share a room with you just s-say so!"

"No, w-w-why would I want to share a room with her, Morty?" Rick countered. "My dick doesn't lose its shit every time I see a girl not related to me."

"I-I don't know Rick you act like you do!"

"Stop assuming things you turd!"

You just eat quietly, letting them deal with whatever their problem is.

* * * *

You simply wake up. No dreams or anything. It's just you lying on your futon, waking up at five in the morning like you usually do. All those times watching your father work has programmed your body clock to wake up at five. It would be rude of you to walk around a house that's not yours while everyone's still asleep, but you have nothing to do and you're bored, so you get up and do some stretching to put some blood in your muscles. You find the sleeping Morty cute, how peaceful he looks and the slow movement of his chest, but you find yourself weird for watching him. On your tip toes you leave his room, gently closing the door. A hint of light passes through the closed curtains, turning the fabric into a lighter color. The house feels scary and lonely at the same time without anyone downstairs. You're so used to hearing the TV and someone talking, not this creepy and depressing silence. You successfully walk down the stairs without making a single sound, feeling proud of yourself, you decide to celebrate by having a glass of water, since drinking anything else might not be safe without Rick to tell you which is his. He could've placed a mutant bacteria in one of the beverages accidentally or maybe even on purpose. Unfortunately, your awarding yourself ceremony is put cancelled when you find a big red alien standing in front of the fridge with its back facing you. You take a knife from the drawer and in the process you drop a peeler down the floor, hitting the floor it makes a clinking sound. The alien closes the fridge and slowly turns to you, its face looks terribly upset you're sure he can crush you in one go with his hands. You may be pointing the knife at him with such steady hands but your hearts thumping so much it could explode. The alien takes a step forward and you run, dropping the knife to the floor. It starts chasing and you run up stairs to Morty's room. Quickly, you slam the door shut and lock it. Surprising Morty, he suddenly wakes up,  sitting up and rubbing his eyes.