SIMULATION

You have your music on while you work on your project. It's supposed to be some robot where it's only purpose is to vacuum the floor for you so you have more time doing your science. Someone knocks on the door and you sigh, annoyed to be disturbed but you still open the door. There's Morty standing in front of you with a Science textbook in his hands. Here goes the same question you've been hearing for years in class.

"U-Uh c-can you help m-me with homework," Morty said, too red to even look at you.

You don't even know why you should help him. For all you know it's his fault for not showing up in school most of the time. He'll be there in the morning then poof where's Morty? Right now the only impression you have of him is he's a bad student. But he's your first friend in the neighborhood and you can't say no to a his puppy eyes. 

"Yeah, sure, why not?" you said, snapping your finger to turn your music player off. "But I thought you said you don't get any homework?"

"O-Oh that's j-just Math," Morty said.

Right. For some reason Mr. Goldenfold is the only teacher who doesn't give homework any assignment and you just always blame it on how shitty his curriculum.

"You didn't have to walk all the way here," you step out of the house and door and window automatically lock it selves.  "You could've just texted me."

"I-I though i-it w-would be polite to j-just ask in person," Morty said.

"You're so nice," you pat his head. "Let's go do some homework."

"Yeah!"

You and Morty walk to his house. In the living room you find Summer busy texting on her phone and Jerry's watching TV. That's what you often see them do when you're around. Morty takes you up his room and his bikini girl poster catches your attention. You can't help but laugh and Morty burns in embarrassment. It's not like it's something to be surprised about. Morty's a teenage boy going through puberty. You two sit beside each other on his bed. He places his textbook and notebook in front of you two. The topic didn't catch your interest at all. Nuclear Radiation is something you've already learned by reading your father's old books and watching him work. But someone has to act interested to help Morty. You start teaching him but he keeps looking at you that he asks you to repeat your whole explanation again.

"Look at the book Morty not my face," you giggle.

"I-I'm sorry," Morty looks down at his book.

"So beta decay is when-"

The door slams open, cutting you off.  Rick comes in the room and grabs Morty's arm.

"Morty, I need you," Rick said, pulling Morty out of the bed.

"Rick!" Morty pulls his arm away. "I can't. I'm doing my homework."

"What!?  A-A-Are you serious, Morty!?" Rick flails his arms. "How many time d-do I have to tell you!? Homework is dumb that's why I-I-I did that inception thing!"

If Rick needs Morty, then that means he's made some invention or he's going to use his portal gun.

"I can help," you said, eagerly raising your hand.

They both pause and look at you, Morty in disbelief and Rick examining you from head to toe. You beg in your head that he'll accept your offer.

"Fuck it," Rick grabs your arm and drags you out of the room. "Let's just go."

"W-Wait!" Morty follows behind you two. "Rick!"

The two continue to bicker all the way to the garage. In the middle of the garage are two wooden chairs facing each other that Rick got from the dining room. On his workbench are two metallic helmets with some led light on the sides. Imagination floods in your mind, fueling your excitement. Rick makes you sit on one of the chairs and he picks up the helmets. Morty reasons out with Rick that you might not like the experience and Rick counters saying it'll be like Ritz and Chitz. Having no idea as to what the hell they're talking about you just sit there feeling awkward. Sick of Morty's whining, Rick places the helmet on you and him. Things turn black for a few seconds and light slowly appears, allowing your eyes to adjust. You find yourself in a completely different place. It looks like some city with a bunch of weird looking creatures walking around.  An alien with three heads and eight tentacles as legs passes by you. Someone touches your shoulder and you move quick, turning around and pointing your weapon that you got from your pocket.