Chapter 6

Aubrey Osborne

I was standing on a beach under a bright shaft of sunlight and was enjoying the warm breeze of air that keeps touching my skin. I could see people around enjoying their vacation as well. Wow! It was already our vacation. No homeworks, no professors, no great responsibilities. Vacation.

"Aubrey!" I heard someone called my name. I didn't need to look to know who it was. I know that voice. I would recognize that for my entire life.

Ryan.

I turned around at the sound of his voice. My jaw dropped open as I stared at his face. His eyes that matches the color of the sky became more stunning and his face became more vibrant. How could that be possible? He was already hot but he got even hotter. Stupid hormones!

"Let's go there." He said pointing his finger to the cliff.

"Huh? There? Cliff? Are we gonna try cliff diving? Hell no, look at that, there are many rocks, we'll die if we tried jumping there. Besides, I never tried that before." I said moving my way backwards.

"Trust me." He said offering his hand, and when I didn't hold it, he walked and he gently grabbed my hand and we walked toward the cliff. He cupped my hand through his and we were walking slowly like lovers in a park. What! Did I just said lovers? Yeah, Stupid thought. When we reached the end of the cliff, someone pulled Ryan away from me. 

"Hei, babe, why are you with her? You're already mine, remember?"

"Maureen?" I asked.

"Yeah, Didn't I told you? Ryan and I are together." But instead of looking at me he hugged Ryan, Ryan hugged her back but he looked at me, I could see pain in his eyes.

"Babe, choose between us, now." I got frozen in my feet the moment I heard what Maureen just said. She was asking Ryan to choose between us? Had she lost her mind? Why would she do that?

I was lost in my thought when Ryan walked toward me and cupped my face with his hand. He leaned closer and. What? He was kissing my lips! I put my hands over his neck and kissed him back. He placed his arms at my waist and pulled me closer to him. We were like dancing because I could feel that my feet were moving backwards. Wait! Maureen was with us. When I look at her direction, she was grinning like an evil. Huh? Then Ryan broke the kiss and let me go.

"I'm sorry but I choose her." He said those words with a horrible expression in his face and pushed me to the cliff. What the!

I would die...

"No!!!!!!!!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs when suddenly, I felt arms wrapped aroung me.

"Shhhhh... Aubrey, honey, shhhh... just a dream, okay? Just a dream." Maureen said comforting me. 

Just a dream. Just a dream. I repeated to myself. I felt nauseated at that dream. Fuck! That wasn't a dream. That's a nightmare. I tried to calm myself by following Maureen's breathing pattern.

"What is it, sweetie?" she asked letting go of me.

"I forgot." I lied. I couldn't tell her what my dream was.

"Okay, let me get you some water, okay?" 

"Thanks."

What was that dream all about? That was my first dream about Ryan and that was a nightmare? Hmm... Maybe an indication of something. Maybe I should stop thinking about him.