Chapter 7

Ryan McAden

"Ryan, hello! Are you here?" I heard someone called. Maybe just my imagination. I shifted my body to the other side of my bed and hugged my pillow again. Who said only girls hugged their pillows?

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Ryan, are you there?" I heard again.

Oh fuck! I almost jumped out of my bed. Today's the set date for our 2-weeks vacation at Malibu Beach. Why didn't I hear my alarm clock's tone? I rushed to my apartments door and opened it.

"Ryan, what the hell?" Timmy exclaimed throwing his hands in the air to emphasize his dismay. With that, I couldn't stand saying a word...

"Have you already packed your things? Our friends were all waiting at the parking area and we're still going to fetch your date, for goodness' sake!" He was totally mad at me. I took a glance over my alarm clock and it was already 8 in the morning, our call time was 6am. 2 hours! Whoah!

"Timmy, look, I'm sorry, okay? I'm ready with my things, I just need to change and brush my teeth."

"Whatever! Just go at the parking area when you're done. By the way, we rented a van so that we could lessen our budget for the petrol." He said opening my apartment's door and walking out.

Krinnnggg! Krinnnggg! Krinnnggg!

I heard my phone rang, it was Maureen.

"Hello?"

"Hei, Ryan, I thought you'd pick us up a little after 6am? It's already 8, are we still invited to join you?"

"Yeah, something just went wrong, but don't worry, we've already fixed it. We'll be there in a couple of minutes."

"Okay." She said then hang up.

After having my morning routine done, I rushed to the parking area where my angry friends are waiting.

"Here." Timmy said handling me the key to the van.

"I'm the one who'll drive?"

"Yeah, ofcourse you are, we don't know the way to your girl's apartment so any problem why we'd chosen you?" Timmy said with an irritating expression on his face.

"Nah, sure, I'll do it, and she isn't my girl."

Aubrey Osborne

"Aubrey! They're already here! We've gotta go!" Maureen screamed from our living room.

"I'm almost done, I'll follow you in about a minute!" I screamed back. I was almost done preparing some sandwiches to bring in our way to the beach wanting to be sure that noone would get hungry in case they didn't bring any food with them.

After I had finished wrapping all the sandwiches, I immediately went to the parking area. When Maureen saw me, she ran towards me and helped me carry my stuffs.

"Hey guys, I want you to meet my roommate and my bestfriend, Aubrey." She said introducing me to the group. Oh well, I think Ryan had already introduced her since they're dating.

"Hi." I said smiling.

"Timmy." A guy with a moss green eyes and messy dark brown hair handed his hands to me. I took and shook it back. He looked about six feet and his shirt was hugging his well-toned body. He was hot though Ryan was still hotter and more attractive than him.

"Hello, Aubrey, I'm Mark and here's my wife, Eishtha." Mark was also tall. He had dark brown hair and his eyes was a light shade of brown. His wife Eishtha was beautiful, really beautiful.

"Hi, pleased to meet you, Aubrey." Eishtha said giving me a hug. Oh, how sweet of her.

"Harris." A guy with a dirty blonde hair and dark blue eyes smiled. I remember him, he was the one who called Ryan on the race. He was also muscular but not as toned as Timmy and he was the shortest in their group.

A girl with blonde hair clinged her arms to Harris' and said, "Mae, Harris' girlfriend." She said sarcastically. I smiled flatly.

"Hi, I'm Anne and here's my guy, Harvey." A brunette girl said cheerfully. Harvey was also a little tan like Timmy. He's gorgeous with messy black hair and brown eyes. His body was also toned and because he's wearing a very thin shirt, I could see his well defined six packs. Ryan had a great selection of friends, I thought.

"So, ready to go?" Ryan asked smiling.

"Yeah, so Aubrey, care to sit beside me?" Timmy asked showing me a very genuine smile.

"Sure." I said smiling, too.

"Ryan, you're driving, right? Would you mind me sitting in the passenger's seat?" Maureen asked showing her trademark puppy eyes to Ryan.

Ryan looked at me for a moment then he said, "Sure."

I felt a pang of jealousy striked my heart. No! Control your emotions, Aubrey. Remember you dream? He's going to hurt you.

"Aubrey, whether you like it or not, well, i know you'll like it, I'm gonna sit beside you." I heard Kyle said and I instantly forgot my thought about Ryan. Thank to Kyle's cool voice.