Chapter 8

Aubrey Osborne

Timmy looked almost bored, his arms crossed. He was glancing occassionally at the titles of the songs in his ipod. Every now and then, I could see him frowning as if wondering why couldn't he start a simple conversation with me. I laughed at my own thought.

I smiled. I could handle Timmy. And I would admit that he was good-looking but I couldn't trust him well-enough.

"I suppose you should talk to me first since you invited me to sit beside you." I said forcing a tight smile for me not to laugh.

He glanced up at the sound of my voice, and based to what I saw, he seemed frozen in place. Then upon knowing that I was the one who was speaking to him, he smiled. It seemed friendly, his dimple was cute but it wasn't a confident smile.

"You think so?" He asked then laughed easily.

"I know so." I said. "Now, what do you want to talk about? I know you have something in mind."

He shrugged. "Anything that interests you. Things like that." He paused and stared into my eyes. "I have to say, it's kinda amazing, right?" He said leaning against the van's window so he was facing me.

I stared back at him, "Huh?"

"Seeing you at the race and now here." He said with so much confidence. He was leaning in closer to me when Ryan hit the brakes causing us to loose our balance.

"Hey Ryan, what the hell?" Harvey shouted.

"Sorry guys, I'm freakin' sleepy, maybe someone should take over here and change places with me? I'm driving for almost three hours now and I hadn't tkaen any foods yet. Oh, I mean, Aubrey's sandwiches are good but that's not enough." Ryan complained.

"Timmy, you do it." Mark said almost commanding. "We're going to eat later in a fastfood resto."

"Huh? Me? Why me?" He complained but when he realized that he had no choice, he agreed to chang places with Ryan. Hell! Ryan would sit beside me? I felt my face blushed to I immediately lowered my head down.

Ryan McAden

Before changing my place with Timmy, I adjusted the rearview mirror so it wouldn't be obvious that I was occassionally looking at Aubrey. Talking to Timmy might be dangerous for her since she was fuckin' beautiful. Every man would really agree if I said that. I hated seeing her talk to other guys.

When I saw the afraid expression on her face, I immediately hit the brakes. There was no way I would let him do that to Aubrey. Haha! Good job Ryan, you did that very well. You acted really great. I laughed at my stupid plan.

"Ryan, what's so funny? Why are you laughing?" I heard Aubrey said with a confused expression on her face.

"Nothing, I just thought of something funny." I said shyly.

"Oh, I see." She said the turned away from me putting her headsets on.

Was she trying to avoid me? But why? I could see no reason for her to avoid me. Oh well, Maureen. Yes, I was dating her but that's just a friendly date, nothing more. Was she jealous that I was dating her bestfriend? No.

I stared outside thinking of something that we could talk about. Sadly, when I turned to face her to open a conversation, she was already sleeping soundly, her head leaned over Kyle's shoulder. I turned to face the window again thinking that as over dramatic as it would seem, oneday, I would decide to hit my head with a bullet and tell her that I like her. Yeah, that was the best word to describe how I feel right now.