4: A Day Out

4: A Day Out

The school looked just like the anime. Like, I don't wanna spend an hour describing in detail what it looked like with "imagery" and all that "figurative language" crap that we do in English. Let's just say it was a nice, humble-looking school. You know what I want to describe with "imagery" and "similes"? THE GIRLS! Okay nevermind. No need to act like a pervert. Anyway, the four of us arrived at the gates of Uranohoshi Girls' High School.

"Okay, time to see what type of uniform I'll get," I announced, bracing myself. My heart was already racing.

"Don't worry, Darren! Even if they make you wear a girl uniform, I'm sure you'll still look great!" You said cheerfully, patting my shoulder.

"You-chan, stop being so familiar! You're going to make him uncomfortable," Riko scolded, "you've only just met him for less than a day!"

"Riko-chan, You-chan, you're both making him uncomfortable," Chika interjected. "Darren-san, don't be afraid to tell them if they're bothering you." She grabbed my hand and pulled me onward.

"Okay," I replied nervously. She was the one making me uncomfortable, with all this hand holding and stuff. There were some people around, but not many. We took off our shoes as we stopped in front of the lockers.

"Ah, you don't have any inside shoes," Chika said. "Here, I have an extra." She reached inside her locker and pulled out a pair of shoes.

"Uhh, you expect my feet to fit in that?" I asked.

"Oh, yeah... I don't think anyone in this school has feet as big as yours..." she replied.

"Wow, that sure makes me feel great... whatever, I can just go in my socks." We proceeded up a flight of stairs, and made our way down a hallway. We passed a group of girls, all of which stared at me wide-eyed. I felt really nervous. We stopped at the student council room, and entered.

"Excuse me," Chika said. "One of the transfer students is here, and needs a uniform." A girl sitting at a desk looked up. She had long, straight hair and perfectly cut bangs. She had a serious expression, and looked annoyed that her work had been disturbed. Suddenly, she broke into a great smile.

"Chika! Riko! You! And...?" the girl questioned, standing up and bowing.

"Darren," I answered, bowing. IS. THAT. DIA?

"Nice to meet you. My name is Kurosawa Dia, president of the student council. You are the new transfer student, no?"

"Um- yeah. I need a uniform, and I was wondering since this is a girls' school..."

"Oh, don't worry about that," Dia cut me off. "Come, our chairwoman has prepared everything." We went through an adjacent door into another office. A blond girl stood, looking out the window. She had on a light blue uniform white stockings. Turning around when we entered, she squealed, "SHINY! NAISU CHU MICHUU! I"M MARI!" I almost fainted. Was it because I was meeting the real Mari or because her scream almost destroyed my ears?

"Nice to meet you! I'm Darren," I say, bowing.

"Why so formal?" Mari said, approaching me and raising a palm. "HAI FAIVU!"

"Uhhhh...." I gave her the high five.

"You from the Amerika, no? Everyone so casual and chill, no?"

"Well, not everyone...I'm okay at Japanese, so it's okay if you speak to me in Japanese."

"Awww, you're no fun," Mari whined, switching to Japanese. "Anyway, I specially ordered the male uniforms for our transfer students!" She opened a wardrobe, taking out a uniform and unfolding it. YES! It was a real boy uniform! Similar to the girl uniform, it was white and gray. It consisted of a sailor top as well, except less tight and the tie was longer; also it was actually pointed at the end. My tie was red, because I was a second year. The pants were gray, with a white stripe near the bottom.