6: Grades and Girls

6:Grades and Girls

"It's okay! Don't worry about it!" Chika said, patting my shoulder for the twentieth time.

"It's not! I have to get back and start studying. I can't ruin my perfect GPA!" I say hastefully, picking up my bag and leaving the room.

"Wait, don't you want to come with us to the club room? You can meet the rest of Aqours," You said. I really wanted to, but I seriously had to start studying that kanji. I'm seriously screwed. Like totally.

"Hey, we can help you study! All nine of us," Riko suggested. "Come on, it'll be fun!" Wow. Nine girls helping me study? Now THAT'S motivation.

"Yeah, okay," I said. "Oh, bye bye, Yukio!" I turn and wave.

"Ah, bai bai!" Yukio smiled, waving back. "Say hi to Yoshiko for me!"

"Hey, what about me? Can I come?" Kent interjected.

"Bro, no one invited you," I shot. I was not about to have a weirdo tagging along for the entire year as I picked up chicks.

"Hey, he can come if he wants," You defended him. "Here, you can watch our practice!" You grabbed Kent's arm and started leading him away.

Six pairs of eyes looked up when we opened the door.

"You brought the transfer students? How could you," Dia said sternly, looking very flustered. Lol, was she embarrassed or something?

"Squeeee!" Ruby squealed, leaping behind Hanamaru.

"Maru? Zura? Boys? Zura!" Hanamaru said, also looking embarrassed.

"Hey, this is Darren and Kent. They're gonna watch us practice!" Chika cheered. Yoshiko was sitting up totally straight, with her hands folded on the table. Wow, I bet she's acting all proper and stuff cuz I was there, and she's shy! The gorgeous Matsuura Kanan was also there, smiling warmly. Mari stood up and cried excitedly, "Thhaaat's GREAAAT! You can help with so many things, Darren!" she walked over and gave me a hug. I felt her lush hair against my face, and smelled her designer perfume. I was too shocked to hug her back, but she pulled away in time. Then she glared at Kent. "What are you doing here?"

"Uh, not here for you of course," Kent replied. "Hey, I have privileges. I'm your cousin, okay? Like, this kid here doesn't have any right to be here. So if he's here, then I can be, okay?"

"Yeah, whatever." We went to the roof, after the girls changed into their casual clothes. Wow. That's hot. They started to practice the dance to "Kimi no Kokoro wa Kagayaiteru Kai", and Kent and I sat on a bench, watching.

"Kid, stop staring at their legs," Kent shouted in English, smacking me in the arm.

"Really dude? You're the one secretly trying to take pictures with that phone of yours. What a lie, 'I 'm texting my friend'. You don't even have service! Ha! Exposed!" I shout back, swiping his phone and browsing through all the pictures he took of the girls. "Man, these are some nice pics, though."

"Yo, give it back!"

"Hey, send me these pics, 'kay?" I laugh, giving him back the phone. After the girls finished the song, they took a break.

"How were we?" Yoshiko said, approaching us. She was all sweaty and stuff, also looking nervous.

"You were great!" Me and Kent said in unison.

"Heh, thanks..." she replied.

"Darren!" Riko called. "Kanan says she can help you with homework right now."

"Okay, sure!" I called back. Kanan? Wow. She walked over, still breathing heavily. Her ponytail swung side to side, and she smiled.

"Hello, Darren! I've pretty much got the dance down, so I have time to help you with whatever you need. Hey, let's go over there." Kanan led me to a bench on the other side of the rooftop. I looked out over the railing, where I could see the glistening sea. Kanan untied her hair, just as a breeze blew in from the sea. It blew through her hair, and the scene almost like intoxicated me. After staring transfixed, I was brought back to reality when she told me to sit down. Man, she looked great with her hair down too. "So, what do you need help on?" she asked nicely.