5: School

5: School

"Kawaiiiiiiiiiiiii!" the three girls squealed in unison. I pulled at the stiff new uniform as I entered the common room, where Chika, Riko, and You were all waiting.

"Uh... thanks..." I mutter. Too be honest, I was really nervous about my first day of school. What was going to happen? Would people like me? My heart racing, I picked up my bag and started to head out.

"Oh my, Darren's nervous," Chika observed. "Don't worry! You'll be fine. I'm sure everyone will love you!"

The school was crowded with activity. Girls here, girls there, girls everywhere!

"Why are you smiling like that?" You asked.

"Wh-what? Oh nothing." I didn't realize that I was grinning ear to ear after seeing all these new "prospects". As I walked into the school, girls were glancing at me from all around. I couldn't make eye contact with all of them, because there were just too many. I saw some of them kinda look envious at Chika, Riko, and You, who were around me.

"Hey, can you guys like, how do I put this... not act like you're with me? Cuz I can't turn these girls off... gotta let them know I'm still open, you know?" I whispered.

"Really? Well, I don't think they think that way..." Riko replied.

"Oh, yeah, that new boy?" I overheard a group of girls gossiping.

"Yeah, that one? He's sooooooo cute!"

Wait. What? This can't be happening.

"I know right? I hope he's in our class!" My heart started racing even faster. So it's true. I am gonna get some chicks. We approached our class: 2-3. Alright. I'm ready. Time to get in there and show'em what's up. You're the man Darren. You got this. You-

"Yessss! He's in our class! He's right over there! Let's go talk to him!" I heard a large group of footsteps racing towards my direction. Oh my gosh. Am I seriously about to be attacked by an army of beautiful girls? The footsteps grew louder- and louder-

-and went right past me.

To someone else. He was male.

NOOOOO!

"Hiiii! What is your name?"

"Oh, you're sooooooo tall!"

My fears were confirmed. I turned to see a tall, blonde boy with blue eyes and a perfect smile. Around fifteen girls were surrounding him, taking selfies and I dunno, trying to get his autograph? My heart sank.

"Lol, look at this kid, he's such a fake. Right, guys?" I look around me. "Chika? Riko? You?" They were gone. NOOOOOO! The three of them were over there surrounding Mr. Pretty Boy, just like the rest of the girls. I felt so betrayed... Seriously? I thought they were like fighting for my love or something! How'd they just ditch me so quickly?" Screw this. I walk into my classroom and head for the back corner. You know that seat next to the window? Back corner? Yeah. I sit down and look out the window. What a buzzkill.

"Yes, yes, milady. London, yes!" Wow. He was British? Okay I'm practically out of the game already so I should just give up. Like, nothing against British people or anything, but it's just that girls always dig that accent. Plus he's "good looking". What made it worse was when I heard Riko's voice in ENGLISH: "Wow, I love your accent! It's so pretty!"

"Why, thank you! Your English is pretty as well, and you're looking quite pretty yourself," the Brit replied. UGHHHHHH RIKO, WHY? NANDE? "Would you care to sit with me? I don't believe I have many friends, as I am still a newcomer here."

"Oh, I'd be delighted to," Riko replied. WHAT? I sat and watched as every single girl tried to sit in the front next to pretty boy. Apparently, Riko and You sat on his right and left, and Chika was right behind him. I know they're not my harem or anything, but I couldn't help but get my eyes all watery. Like seriously? What a fail. Now I'm probably gonna spend the rest of the year sitting next to some loner who doesn't give a s*** about boys. Sigh.