one

it was a typical tuesday and the school bell rang signaling for a class change. finally time for second period and time to see momo. i walked quickly to the locker rooms so i could change before everyone else came in. the locker room was always very gossipy and i hated hearing all the girls talk bad about one another so i try to change as fast as possible.

i almost finish getting ready by putting my hair up into a pony tail but am startled when i hear the door open. sana walks in and i let out a sigh of relief, happy it wasn't momo since i wouldn't have been able to speak if it was just me and her.

"hey dahyun!" she says walking over to me.

"hey sana," i say, finishing tying my hair up.

"you're always so early to this class, i don't know how you do it" she says opening up her bag to get her clothes out.

i shrug. "i just come from down the hallway, besides i hate being in here when it's all crowded and everyone else is here."

"yeah i know what you mean, these dance girls are ruthless. but... don't you want to be in here to see.... her? maybe one day i can make her come in here early with you!!" she winks and starts taking off her sweater to change into more dance-appropriate clothing. sana was one of the only people to know about my crush on momo. me, sana, and our other friend jeongyeon, who doesn't dance in our class, are best friends and tell each other everything, including the fact that i'm falling for the hirai momo.

"y-yeah... but, i can see her in class! really i get so flustered around her, i don't think i'd be okay if it were just us in he—" i get cut off by the sound of the door opening again. in walks momo and a few other girls enter behind her. she is talking to them and i see her laugh, i instantly blush. she has such a beautiful smile i feel like my knees could give out every time i see it.

"speak of the devil..." sana whispers to me. i lightly punch her arm and try to collect my things as fast as possible so i can get out of the locker room. as soon as all of my things are in my bag, i turn around to leave and accidentally bump right into momo. great.

"o-oh, i'm so sorry!!" i say looking down.

"no!! dahyun, don't worry, it's my fault. i was coming to say hi to you but i shouldn't have snuck up on you like that," she giggles. i look up and meet her eyes and smile shyly. she smiles too.

"well, hi dahyun," she laughs again. "sorry this didn't go as i planned."

"h-hi momo," i say as calmly as i can. she grins.

"hi sana" she says glancing at her. sana just waves.

"i'll see you in class" sana says, winking again and briskly walking out of the room. i gulp and turn back to momo. so we are alone now. well, not exactly since everyone else in the class had shown up, but i was here talking to momo on my own. i feel my heart beating faster by the second.

"how are you feeling about the new choreography in class?" she asks opening her locker. i feel awkward standing here as she's about to change, but it'd be rude for me to just leave. i notice a bench in front of her locker and sit down to be less uncomfortable.

"i'm feeling... okay, i guess. it's pretty challenging, honestly, but i'm trying" i reply.

"yeah, for sure, it's really hard. but you look amazing doing it, trust me," she smiles again and starts to take her shirt off. i look up to smile back but blush when i see her in just a bra. oh. my. god. she is so hot. i feel my cheeks getting warmer as i look at my feet.

"t-thanks.." i say quietly. "uh... i s-should start stretching, i'm gonna get to class.. i'll see you in there!" i quickly stand up from my bench. when i look up she has a new shirt on. i'm thankful since it made me sound even more awkward when talking to her as she was shirtless.

"oh yeah, of course! i'll see you" she smiles one last time and i smile back. her eyes are so bright and beautiful i almost forgot to leave the room; i was lost in them. i knock myself back into my senses and walk put of the locker room to the dance class.

i enter the room and see sana stretching on the floor. walk over to her and see her look up and smirk at me.

"well, how did it go? did you kiss? did you fuck? did you get marri—" she starts.

"what?? no!!" i cut her off. "sana, settle down. we just talked a bit. and then she started changing and i saw her without her shirt and... i got so nervous i had to leave," i sit down next to her to stretch.

"aw, dahyun, it's okay," she rubs my back. i give her a smile before returning to my stretching. she stops rubbing my back and stretches too. we sit like that for a bit as the rest of the class enters and our teacher starts class.

"okay everyone, start reviewing the choreography we started yesterday. i'll teach more in a few minutes, but dahyun and momo can you come here for a moment please?" ms. park says, returning to her office. i tense up at first but momo comes next to me and puts her hand on my shoulder. she smiles and i smile back, we both walk to the office.

"dahyun, how are you feeling about this dance?" ms. park asks once we get to her office.

"uhm... okay? i-it's pretty hard for me, really... but i'm trying" i say, playing with my hands. it was weird for her to be asking me about this, especially with momo there. but, part of me felt safe having her next to me.

"yes, i can tell you are trying your best and i appreciate it. but you seem to be a bit behind and confused on some steps. and momo, here, she has the dance down very well, so momo, i'm assigning you to help dahyun with the dance. you can work together after school, i'll be here every day for about an hour or two depending on the day so you can just stay and practice. does that work?" ms park asks. i don't even know what to say. firstly, she bashes my dancing skills right in front of momo. i mean, i know i'm behind and i really am not getting the dance, but it was embarrassing to hear someone else say it, especially in front of momo. but then she told momo to help me. i'm going to be working with momo to dance. oh god.

"u-uh... yeah that sounds good to me. if you think it can help me do better..." i say quietly.

"i'd love to help!" momo exclaims. "i mean... i really think dahyun is doing well in the dance. like really well. she looks beautiful doing it! but i'll help if you think i should, ms. park" i look at her in awe. she really does think i'm good. why? i'm not even close to the talent she has. how can she think i'm a good dancer?

"perfect, thank you girls. you can get started this afternoon if you'd like." ms park states, standing from her desk chair. "lets get back to rehearsal" she walks out of the room. momo is about to follow behind but i speak up.

"um.. thank you," i say, nervously.

"for what?" momo asks.

"for saying i dance beautifully... nobody has ever told me that,"

"well, you are very beautiful, in general. more people should say it,"

"but... momo you are the real dancer here! i mean you're stunning!! your d-dancing is, i mean..." i look down. momo laughs.

"i'm not that good... but thank you," she says with another smile. i can't help but smile too, she just has that effect on me. "come on, let's get to class" she says taking my hand. i feel a spark where her hand touches mine and i really hope she felt it too.

i try my best during class to get the dance but i struggle just as much as i did the day before. hopefully, this afternoon with momo will
be helpful... or maybe i'll get distracted.

~~~

a/n: hiiii i hope you liked this chapter! dahyun is so cute and nervous as a character and it makes me so fucking soft shcbxbdhsh i love her oh god ok byee