two

momo and i decided to meet up today after school and work together. she even offered to give me a ride home since i can't drive yet. i was so excited to be with her more one on one but also extremely nervous because of how i get around her. she can just breathe and i'm suddenly unable to form intelligible words. damn you, momo.

the last bell of the day rang and i made my way back to the dance room. i quickly changed in the locker room once again and then went into the studio. ms. park was in there waiting for momo and i. i smiled to greet her.

"hello dahyun," she said warmly. "i'm very glad you agreed to do this, i really think it will help you"

i nodded. "yeah... momo is really such an amazing dancer so i'm glad to be working with her!"

"aw thanks!" i hear behind me. i gasp and spin around quickly to see momo standing in the doorway. she has already changed and is ready to dance, too. i feel myself blush since i had no clue she was standing there.

"i'm really not that great... at least compared to you!" she says poking my shoulder. i make a confused face before ms. park speaks up.

"okay ladies, you can stay here for about an hour to an hour and a half. i have to pick up my son from school after then so i won't be able to stay that long. and, obviously you can't stay after school without a teacher. i'll just be in my office if you need anything, good luck!" she says before walking into her office and closing the door. leaving me and momo alone. fuck.

i look back at momo and smile shyly, looking down. i really did not think this through. if i can't even stand properly around momo, how can i dance in front of her one-on-one??

"okay let's get started!!" momo says moving towards the middle of the floor. "do you want to stretch a bit or are you ready to just start the dance?"

"i don't mind either way... it's up to you," i say.

"well, i know you're super flexible but i am not, so i think i'll need to stretch a little," she says, laughing. i laugh too and we both start to stretch out our legs. we sit in a comfortable silence like that for a bit, stretching out our limbs how needed.

"oh! did you want me to play any music? it's kind of weird to be stretching in silence, but if you're fine with it, so am i," momo exclaims, jumping up.

"music is great," i mutter and momo goes over to the stereo and plugs her phone in. she starts playing music from my favorite girl group; red velvet. i smile to myself as i hear momo sing a bit of "dumb dumb" to herself. i look up at her and she notices that i was staring at her and blushes.

"sorry.." she laughs. "red velvet is my favorite" she explains.

"no it's okay, they're my favorite too!" i exclaim.

"wow really?? i'm so in LOVE with them, especially joy, she is gorgeous!!!" momo says getting into a lunge to stretch a bit more. 'in love?' i think to myself. could momo like girls, too?? maybe not. i mean, everyone is in love with park sooyoung even if they aren't attracted to girls. i shouldn't read too much into it.

"i didn't mind the singing," i blurt out. "i mean... you have a really pretty voice.." i say the end more quietly. momo probably thinks i'm so awkward and stupid, oh god.

"are you serious??" momo says loudly, laughing. "thank you, but... i'm not very good. at anything really but especially not singing..." she looks down. i immediately want to hug her and reassure her that she is perfect in every way but i hold myself back.

"momo, you're so talented! w-why do you never give yourself credit? you really are so amazing, i promise. you should stop overlooking yourself," i say quickly. i see her look down and smile a bit.

"thanks... really nobody ever tells me that,"

"why??"

she shrugs and stands up. "i don't know... because i'm just not good enough for compliments and stuff, i guess,"

"momo. you are, trust me," i stand up and stand next to her. "you are so good enough and deserve someone to tell you all the time," i say calmly. i was even surprised at the boldness of my statements. i didn't know where this dahyun was coming from!

"t-thanks dahyun..." she says looking right into my eyes. i look down at her lips quickly, so badly wanting to kiss her right then. but, again, holding myself back. she seems to notice and steps back a bit. she goes to the stereo and turns off the music before turning to face me again.

"okay! let's dance!"

——

a/n: sorry this took foRevEr and also that it was really short. i'm surprised that so many people have liked this so far but it also makes me so happy so thanks for the support so far!!! i will have another update asap :) thank you for reading!!