seven

the now-confirmed date with momo was one of the best dinners i've ever had. yes, the pizza was good, because how could pizza ever be bad? but it was just so nice to be out with her. i had been trying to tell myself how wrong my feelings for her were but she actually feels the same. i feel so much happier than i think i ever have.

we had finished our meals and momo paid for the pizza. i still felt really guilty not paying for anything, but she seemed glad to do it, honestly. we started to walk out of the restaurant as momo grabbed my hand again. i looked at her and she stayed looking ahead and smiled. i looked forward too, smiling. i want to be this happy forever.

we get into her car and sit there for a moment. we we're both still shocked about the whole ordeal that occurred in there. we both just came out to each other and, better yet, confessed to each other that we have had a crushes on the other since the day we met. i was worried about this "date" but the outcome has exceeded my expectations. hiari fucking momo LIKES ME?!?

"thank you for bringing me to dinner, momo," i finally speak up. momo just shakes her head and looks at me.

"no need to thank me, i had a great time," she grins. it makes me smile too. i wonder if this is the time. do i kiss her?? i've never done this before. before i can overthink it, she starts the car up and starts to pull out of the parking lot.

the ride is rather quiet, but not in an awkward way. in a "we're both just enjoying each other's company" kind of way. the radio played quietly as we hummed along a bit. unfortunately, the ride is pretty short since i don't live far from where we were. she pulls into my driveway and parks. we both just sit there, wishing that the happiness would stay.

"thank you. again. for, like, everything," i say, looking down at my hands.

she laughs a bit and says "of course! i'm... so glad. that this happened," she says emphasizing the "this." i laugh too and nod. i feel my hands shaking a bit as i desperately want to leave all of a sudden.

"uh... so i'll see you at the recital!" i say nervously rushing out of the car. i don't look back but i hear momo saying goodbye. i'm not sure what came over me but i feared that my dad was home.

he's extremely homophobic and if he saw momo making some sort of move on me he'd kill us both. luckily, when i opened up the garage, i saw that his car still wasn't there and felt relief wash over me. but then i felt sad knowing that i just left momo for absolutely no reason. i'm such a piece of shit for that.

obviously my father loves me, we both only have each other at this point. but he's gotten bad at showing his love in person. he texts me saying he loves me at least every other day but i only get to see him about once a week. it's hard having to raise myself when i'm still technically a kid. but i still feel comforted knowing he does care about me and is doing all this work to support me and make sure i have a good life when i go off to college and to live an adult life.

i go inside and flop onto the couch. i still have butterflies in my stomach that a flying like crazy, like they're trying to bust through me. kind of graphic, but momo makes me feel things i have never felt before. i notice myself smiling as i open up my phone to see texts from my friends.

(group chat)

minatozakisana: what do u think is going on w dahyun and momo

jeongyeon_: hopefully sex

minatozakisana: ok same

minatozakisana: THEY NEED A SHIP NAME

jeongyeon_: jesus christ did we NOT agree on moda

minatozakisana: noOoOoO :( i rlly loved damo

minatozakisana: or is it dahmo ??

minatozakisana: maybe dahyunmo or is that too much dahyun in the name hmm

jeongyeon_: MODA WAS THE AGREEMENT

minatozakisana: JEONGYEON IT LITERALLY WASNT

kimdubu: hi

minatozakisana: BITCH I SROPPED MYDAMN PHONE DAHYUN HOW WAS IT

jeongyeon_: DHAYUSNDBFHC HOWDID IT GO

kimdubu: not to be dramatic but we confessed to each other and i'm genuinely crying now so

jeongyeon_: DEADASS AM I DREAMING

minatozakisana: I KNEW SHE WAS GAY FUCK

kimdubu: IT WAS SO PERFECT ALL OF IT AAH AND I HELD HER HAND AGAIN SHES :((( SO PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!

minatozakisana: SO LIKE R U DATING

kimdubu: well no... i stg she was gonna make a move when she dropped me off but me being a dumbass i got scared that my dad was home and ran out

jeongyeon_: :(( dahyunieeee its ok ur not a dumbass she literally loves u

kimdubu: not anymore i bet

minatozakisana: STOP NO ITS NOT YOUR FAULT

jeongyeon_: yeah just explain that ur dad is an asshole in that was when u see her tmm it'll be okay bb

kimdubu: thank u :( ugh even tho i hate myself for that the night was still so great.

minatozakisana: im so happy for you dahyun you deserve this so much

jeongyeon_: fr im so glad you're happy omg

kimdubu: i love you guys wtf

minatozakisana: WE LOVE YOU!!! no go to bed u got a big show tomorrow!!!

kimdubu: goodnight ilysm guys

jeongyeon_: GN ILYYYY

(end of group chat)

i go upstairs to my room and change quickly before cuddling up in my blankets, still smiling. all of my hard work with momo will pay off tomorrow, but part of me hopes the day doesn't come so i don't have to stop seeing her. unless one of us finally makes the "girlfriend" move.

A/N: BITCH! FINALLY!!! this chapter is kind of a filler so that when im done w school i can write a juicy chapter abt the recital hehe :-) thank you all soooo much for reading your comments are so funny and sweet i rlly love them so much. i hope ur all healthy and not stressed and if you are just know that you're doing so well and whatever ur stressed about will be over soon! i believe in you all!! okay goodnight im exhausted sorry once again this is kind of shitty lol but the gc part is kinda funny OK BYEE ILY