nine

i stood there frozen, unsure of how to answer momo. obviously, i'm willing to talk to her but i wasn't sure of my ability to form words. however, i silently nodded and she led me out of the dressing room. we walked down the hall a bit to find an area where we could be alone. my heart beats faster and faster as we walk more, i just watch momo's back as we go, trying to compose myself a bit. i know that this is everything i've wanted, you know being alone with momo, but i can't help but always feel extremely nervous whenever that happens.

we finally stop at the end of a hallway and she turns around to look at me. she gives me a soft smile which relaxes me slightly, i smile back.

"how do you feel?" she asks. i'm kind of confused, i didn't expect her to ask about the show, and, honestly, i had forgotten about it completely because of my worries for this conversation.

"i... good. ready. kind of," i say looking down. she kind of giggles.

"i understand. you'll be amazing though, i know it!" she grins. i've never seen anyone have so much genuine happiness when talking about me. sure, my friends always are there for me, but coming from momo... it's just better.

"thank you... you will be too," she blushes at that, which makes me smile.

"i, uh, wanted to talk to you about last night... listen, i didn't mean to come across too forward or anything..."

"momo i—"

"a-and i should have respected your boundaries more and i feel like i made you uncomfortable, and i just don't want to do that again because... ugh, i really like you dahyun! and i want you to be—"

i lean forward and connect our lips, cutting her off. she initially seems surprised, and honestly i was surprised with myself too. i was off center, but she leans into it more and kisses me back. the butterflies in my stomach have turned into fireworks, and somehow i feel like the same thing happened to her. her lips are just as soft as i imagined, and we somehow fit so perfectly together. she places her hands on my hips, pulling me forward. i smile a bit into the kiss. we will definitely need to fix our makeup before the show starts, which is actually kind of soon but i never want this moment with momo to end. it's obviously not the best kiss in the world, but it feels amazing nevertheless. eventually, we both pull away, needing air.

momo looks down smiling, her hands drop from my waist and she nervously fidgets with them. i reach out to grab her hand and she looks up, i smile at her.

"i'm the one who should be sorry about last night," i say softly.

"no, dahyun you—"

"no really, i just got... nervous. i've never been in a romantic relationship and i just... don't wanna mess up," i somewhat lie. what i said was true, but the real reason for me getting freaked out (my dad) never came out.

"don't worry, i'll help you,"

"are you sure, don't you want someone less... i don't know... like.. me?" i gesture to myself.

"are you kidding? dahyun, you're perfect. and helping you with the dances made me feel so happy, i want to be there for you through everything. not just dancing." she steps forward and places a small kiss on my forehead. i blush even harder than i'm sure i already was and smile. i feel so unbelievably happy, momo is everything i could ever ask for and more.

"thank you," i say softly. she smiles again. i feel my smile grow again and i can barely contain my happiness. i feel like everything in the world is just perfect.

"let's go get ourselves fixed up," she giggles.

"yeah, the show's starting soon anyways," we hold hands again and walk back to the dressing room.