five

dahyun's pov

momo and i have been practicing together for weeks and we are having our big dance recital this week. all the practicing will finally pay off. i've been nervous for this showcase since the school year started since i knew that it would take a lot of hard work for me to even know all of the dances. but practicing with momo has made me much more confident and i feel ecstatic for the performance.

tomorrow is finally the big day.

momo and i are meeting up after school for one last time before the show to review the dances. i'm honestly kind of sad to not be able to hang out with her alone much anymore, but i hope that she doesn't forget about me once this is over. i wanted to thank momo for helping me so i got her a present; a phone case with peaches on it. she told me she broke hers the other day and i knew that peaches were something she enjoyed so i thought it would be nice. i really hope she likes it.

the last bell of the day rang and i practically sprinted to the dance room. i was still just as excited to see her as i was the first day of our little rehearsals. i waited in the dance room anxiously for her and finally heard the door open.

"hey dahyun! are you excited for our last rehearsal for the big show?" she said walking into the room. my heart melted a little; she looks so beautiful. i mean, obviously, she always looks beautiful but it still never ceases to amaze me.

"i'm so ready," i said.

we both changed quickly and then got to rehearsing. we started with our ballet routine which i actually was getting the hang of. i only messed up a few arabesques because i got too mesmerized watching momo dance to the song.

next we did our hip hop dance which involved a lot of sass and hip movements, which was not my strong suit. momo, however, seemed to thrive with this dance. she looked so in her element, i wish it was a solo for her instead of a group dance for the whole class. we had to review this one a few times for me since i got confused a lot. momo noticed my lack of hip movements and tried to help.

"okay, your hips are supposed to go right, then left, then swing around. here let me help" she says, walking over to my place to stand behind me. she places her hands softly on my hips from behind and gently tries to move them in the right directions. i felt myself shaking and sweating more than i already was, but i tried to suppress it. her hands guided my hips around and it actually helped a bit.

"does this help?" she asks.

"y-yeah... thank you," i gulp. she smiles, looking into the mirrors. we both stand there for a moment, with momo's hands on my hips. i felt so happy with her touch, she has soft and delicate hands i wanted to hold onto and never let go of. but she took them off and returned to her spot to finish running over the dance.

we finished running through them all in a short amount of time and decided it was enough practice. we sat down on the floor to take a break before heading home. momo seems sure that i won't forget anything at the show and it'll go perfectly. i'm not as confident in that as she is, but i know that i want to make her proud so i'll do my best.

"dahyun, i just wanna say that you did such a great job dancing these past few weeks. i didn't even think you needed this help but you somehow got even better so just... yeah. you're amazing," she says, looking down at her hands. i feel myself blush and look down too.

"thank you... i really did need the help and i'm glad you were really patient with me. i appreciate it," i smile. "and to show my appreciation..." i quickly get up and run over to my backpack. i pull out a small bag with the phone case in it. i also got a little card saying that i'm thankful for the help she gave me. to run back to the middle of the floor and give the back to momo as i sit down again.