three

the next hour is the most tiring hour of my life. we run that dance more times than i could even count, it felt like at least a million. we take small breaks but they're never enough for me to really catch my breath. momo seems to have so much energy, she probably just took the breaks for me to relax; she didn't even need it.

she seemed to care that i was okay though, which was comforting. it was really really comforting, actually. like it made me feel like i could keep dancing forever, even though my body was begging me to stop. she always made sure i was understanding the choreography, that i was comfortable with the moves, and that i was able to breathe and not overwork myself. it was really different for me. i've never had anybody in my life care about me to that extent; to constantly check up on me. i didn't want it to end.

but, my body really wanted to stop so we ran through the dance one last time before collapsing on the floor. i was breathing heavily and fell back onto the floor, just laying there. i close my eyes for a moment, trying to process that this was actually real. i'm actually here with momo. dancing. and we're having a good time together. i never imagined this fantasy of mine actually coming true. momo and i were not very similar aside from dancing. she has a lot of friends and is very popular. she has both boys and girls groveling at her feet, desperate for her attention. i tried to never be that obvious about my little crush on her.

but, i, however, had only two friends, sana and jeongyeon. we've been friends for so long i didn't think i need any other friends. the only other person i really desired in my life was momo.

i'm still laying on the ground panting heavily. i hear momo breathing too, but she has much more steady breaths. i slowly open my eyes and look up at the ceiling. i'm still trying to take it all in...

i'm startled to see momo's face appear above me. she got up and crawled over to me and now her face is right above mine.

"dahyun are you okay?" she asks. she clearly heard my loud breathing. i swallow and nod.

"good... i just wanted to be sure we didn't work too hard or anything and that you've gotten the dance and all," she stutters out. she looked worried about me.

"i'm great actually," i whisper. "thank you,"

"you're welcome," she smiles. "you did the dance really beautifully, you know," she says... blushing?

i blush hard and thank her. her head is still over mine. and it feels really close like i could just lean up and... but i can't.

"well we should probably get going," she states standing up. i lost my chance i guess. i stand up too, starting to feel the soreness from dancing for an hour straight. i slowly get up, trying to not hurt myself.

"do you want to change first?" momo asks. "i'm not going to since i'm so sweaty in these clothes i'll just shower once i get home," she starts putting her dance shoes in her bag and pulling out her sneakers.

"i'll do the same, so i don't need to change either," i say getting my things together. i watch momo finish up tying her shoes and can't help but notice how long and beautiful her fingers are. and her hands... they just look so soft and i just want to hold them. oh god, i'm so fucking gay.

"okay, ready?" she says hopping up, swinging her car keys around. i nod and follow her out the door after yelling a goodbye to ms. park.

we arrive at momo's car, which is a small red car that for some reason seems perfect for her. i get into the passenger side and notice a plush peach dangling from her rear view mirror. i giggle to myself since it's a small thing but its so cute and makes me love her even more. she gets into the car and notices my smile.