Chapter 9 - It Was Just A Kiss

A/N: WOWOWOWOW AN UPDATE! (I'll explain more at the end of the chapter..., enjoy!)

Officer Parker wriggled his nose as Jacob cleared his throat, causing his moustache to wriggle as well, like a very fat, overweight, hairy worm. I snapped back to attention and focused my eyes on Jacob, the man who very nearly took my life earlier.

At least then I'd be with Blaze Boy.

Shut up and focus.

"Superheroes. Scum of the earth. Enough said." Jacob muttered in a gruff and deep voice, sinking back into the chair as if he wished it would swallow him whole and get him out of this interrogation. On my right, Ace sniffed a little, showing his dissatisfaction with the man's answer.

"Right." Officer Parker murmured, taking a few notes before turning his attention back on Jacob's slightly dirty face. He really needed a wash. And a mint. "So what exactly gave you the influence of breaking into Miss Velma Cook's home a few hours ago and opening fire on three teenage superheroes?"

"What did I just say? I don't like superheroes, mate." Jacob retorted, smirking a little but keeping a relatively straight face. Officer Parker sighed in response, as Rachael began tapping her nails silently on the side of her chair.

"There's more of a reason than that, Mr Bradley, to almost kill three teenagers." Officer Parker continued, leaning in and staring at Jacob in a way that would make anyone uncomfortable. He held his gaze with Jacob for 5 solid seconds, before leaning out again and opening a brown folder on the table, looking for something. Eventually he found what he wanted and pulled out a large black and white photo of Jacob and another man walking through a forest, both in black and purple uniforms.

I recognised that purple anywhere.

"Electronite..." I gasped, gawking at the photo. Jacob worked for ElectroNite.

"This is beginning to make a little more sense now.." Ace whispered in my ear, as Jacob shuffled in his chair, staring blankly at the photo.

"Now, as Aqua Girl has just stated, you and the other man in this photo are both wearing the uniforms of the supervillain ElectroNite's headquarters. So, care to elaborate?" Officer Parker said, looking smug that he was clearly in control of the situation. 

I spoke too soon.

As soon as the word elaborate left the officer's lips, Jacob flew up from his chair and pulled all his strength into flipping the large table back in a matter of milliseconds. I shot up and leaped forward at the angry man, as Officer Parker scrambled under the table, and the other officer fumbled for his gun. I managed to knock Jacob to the floor as Rachael came up behind me, but Jacob was strong.

Much stronger.

With hardly any effort, he threw my body off of him, and I crashed into an opposite wall as Officer Parker began yelling something inaudible over the sound of Ace fighting with Jacob, and Rachael had disappeared. A searing pain hit my back and I struggled to regain my balance, squeezing my eyes shut for a moment. 

"Aqua Girl!" I heard Ace try to shout, causing me to open my eyes, finding him on the floor with Jacob over him, strong hands pressing down on his neck. Shoot. Forgetting the pain in my body, I ran forward, not wanting anything in the whole entire world to happen to Ace. I fired a high-speed jet of water at Jacob, causing him to flail and release Ace's neck for a few seconds. A few seconds was all I needed. Time seemed to freeze as one hand of mine shot backwards, continuing to fire at Jacob, whilst the other reached forward and pulled Ace upwards.