Chapter 14 - Secret Blind Agent

"You look like you're about to hop on a plane to Hawaii." Ace stated, speaking down to me as I slurped a can of Cola on the bed.

"Shut up. I think they look pretty cool actually." I retorted, pushing the sunglasses back up the bridge of my nose. Beside my bed, my mother snorted, obviously agreeing with Ace. 

As I was now temporarily blind, Doctor Foster recommended sunglasses. He then recommended a walking stick, but I was thankful, as my eyesight has returned a little, letting me mildly make out the outlines of objects.

Meaning I didn't have to be carried around by Ace.

Phew.

"Cass, I'm going to go and grab the car from work. I'll be back in 20 mins!" Mom exclaimed, smiling broadly at me and Ace before her footsteps left the room. Ace moved around the side of the bed and sat in the chair my mother was previously occupying.

"So, you're gonna be missing out on looking at my face for a few weeks, heh?" Ace drawled, as I felt his arm leaning on the side of the bed.

"I'm sure I'm not missing out on anything." I muttered in reply, as I heard footsteps approaching the doorway.

"You'd be surprised." Ace murmured close to my ear before I heard a squeal.

"Cass!"

"Rach!" I cried, grinning as I was crushed by a hug from my best friend, whose perfume I'd recognise from anywhere. "Did you take him down?"

"OMG yes, it felt amazing! He nearly hit me but we went into hand-to-hand combat and it was amazing and then I watched the police take him away and are you okay?!" She rambled, obviously still pumped up about her first fight. I chuckled a little, as I felt Rachael sit on the opposite side of the bed to where Ace was.

"I'm fine. My eyesight will slowly return over 4 weeks." I explained, before smirking. "And I get 2 weeks off school until I can see more detail again." I finished, triumphantly.

"Not fair!"

"So it'll be laying in bed all day for me!" I declared, grinning.

"Not on our watch." A pair of footsteps walked into the room, and I vaguely made out the silhouette of a man.

"Can I help you?" Ace asked, his presence leaving the side of the bed as he stood up.

"Fred Parker, APPSSA. We've been watching you kids for a while, and we need your help." The man explained, causing me to furrow my brow in confusion.

"Hang on a sec? Who the hell are you and what is APPSSA? And why are you not letting me watch Star Wars? And why are you here?" I questioned, sitting upright on the bed. I heard a sigh before the man spoke.

"APPSSA is the Agency for the Protection and Preservation of Superpowers and Supernatural Abilities, and we're a government organisation. You can trust me."

"And what if we don't want to?" Ace asked, obviously annoyed at the man.

"Well then, we'll send a car to come and pick you guys up tomorrow at 8. Don't resist, or we'll have to sedate you. Clear?"

What?!

"Excuse me? Who do you think you are, coming in here, demanding we get in a car tomorrow, and claiming you work for the government?!" I demanded to know, trying my best to look angry, although I was curious and these sunglasses weren't doing me any favours.

"Cass is right. And how did you even find us?" I heard Rach inquire.

"We have eyes and ears everywhere. We're the government, ma'am." The man explained, before I heard footsteps walking out of the room.

"What the actual f..."

"Ace." I warned, cutting him off. He mumbled a sorry as he sat back down next to the bed. "So, we're gonna be secret agents for the government or something?"

"OMG that's awesome! I can't wait to tell Aidan!"

"Woah, woah, woah. Rachael, do you know what the word 'secret' means?" Ace interrupted, causing me to snort a little. "We can't tell anyone, idiot."

"I'll be a secret blind agent then. A cool job title, heh?" I murmured, as Ace chuckled.

"Yes, that's a very cool job title, darlin'."

Darlin'? Since when was that my nickname?!

"What the hell, Ace?! I told you to stop calling me that!" I yelled, trying to find his body so I could slap. I heard a whoosh and then Ace's laugh from the other side of the room.

"I apologise, Little Miss Fiesty"

"Rachael, can you kill him for me?"

"Only if you buy me the newest palette from MAC!" Rachael replied, probably smirking.

"I hate you both."

"Oh good, because your Mom's here." Ace muttered. Much to my dismay, I was picked up by Ace and heard Rachael cackling.

"I can walk, yanno."

"I know."

Question Time:

For Cass by @chickentypewriter : How did you find out your Dad was ElectroNite?

Cass shuffles in her seat a little, glancing warily at me. "He...told us. He just sent a letter, rambling on about power and his powers and stuff. That's when Mom cut all contact with him. And now I'm fighting him. Ironic, no?"

For Rach by @Magnus007: If you could date Aidan, what would be your idea of a date with him?

Rachael instantly blushes and looks down. "Uhh...don't tell Cass but I've gone on 4 dates with him already." She admits, as I raise my eyebrows. "I just don't know how to tell her! They've been nice though. He took me shopping one time, then we watched a film, then we..." I tune out as she rambles on about it.

For Ace by @thepinkunicorn888 : Did it scare you when your darlin' got hit? And are you going to start getting protective of Cass?

Ace's face immediately breaks out into a smirk and he shrugs a little, grinning. "Well yeah it scared me, she could've got seriously hurt." He pauses, running a hand through his platinum blond hair. "I know how reckless Cass can be, and I guess I'll have to keep an eye on her, yeah." he drawls, continuing to smirk. "And I've still got 9 tubs of ice cream to give her."

For Cass by @DONNIEYOSHI : How do YOU feel about Cace?

"Seriously?! You're nagging me about that again?!" Cass cries, her eyebrows furrowed beneath her sunglasses. "Uh...I really don't know...Ace is nice...I-I don't know..." she mumbles, trailing off. I leave her to think.

For Cass by @StrangeDejaVuu : Before you discovered your powers, did you ever read a superhero book and think about what it's like?

"Oh my gosh, yes!" she exclaims, her face lighting up. "I used to read so many superhero books when I was younger, and look where I am now!"

(A/N: heyy y'all! This was a kinda filler chapter, just to set things up for next time. So...what are your suspicions for APPSSA?)