Chapter 12 - It's Ya Boy

I accelerated into a sprint, with Rachael at my side. As it was her first fight, I decided I'd enter the battle with her, to give her that extra confidence boost she needed.

"So...I know he's been in the news, but what's the deal with Lenz?" Rachael asked, breathing heavily.

"He's a light-based superhero. He fires beams of high-energy electricity and light. Doesn't sound like much, but it hurts." I explained to Rach. "He's most likely attacking because his daughter was accidentally killed last week...by a police officer..." 

"What?! I didn't hear about that!" Rachael exclaimed, her eyes widening.

"You never watch the news, you're always watching Pretty Little Liars or Riverdale crap!" 

"Shut up!"

I ignored Rachael, continuing to explain. "The police force has apologised, but she was caught in a shootout, it wasn't really their fault, to be fair."

"Jeez..." Rachael muttered as a crash echoed through the street, and screams were heard. "Cass, he seems powerful..."

"Remember, keep civilians out of the way, and keep your attention on Lenz. All you've gotta do is look away for a split second and you're caught off guard..!" I reassured as we ran down the hill. Suddenly, another loud crash erupted from the bottom of the hill, and I spotted a blonde boy in a silver jacket circling Lenz.

"It's ya boy!" Rach exclaimed, smirking at me. She was met with a sharp nudge to the ribs. "Ow!"

"Shut the hell up then!" I replied, glaring at her as we approached the scene. Quicksilver was a silver blur, circling Lenz and yelling at him. "Let's go help him out."

Rachael winked at me as I took off, surging towards Lenz with speed. A few seconds before I reached him, I began firing from above, before hovering a few feet above his head. Lenz was taken aback at first, but soon again firing back at me with his own beams of light. Both blinding and able to penetrate the skin, I knew his light beams were able to hurt me. So, I did what any normal superhero would do. Fire back with more power.

Unfortunately, my plan didn't go as expected. The glint of Ace's silver jacket below me threw me off guard, and I had to dodge Lenz's oncoming laser by throwing myself to the floor.

"You alright?" I heard Ace's voice behind me as I panted on the floor.

"Just get out there and fight." I spat in reply, dragging myself to my feet. I glanced back at Lenz, and found he was firing light beams randomly in order to try and catch Rachael, but it wasn't working. Smirking, I flew up to rejoin the fight, only to be dragged back down to the ground by Ace, who had gotten hold of my cape.

"What?!" I asked, irritated.

"I know you currently hate me for some unknown reason, but we need to come up with a strategy for this dude. His light rays are hella powerful." Ace drawled, pulling his jacket off his left arm momentarily to show me a burn.

"Well, light manipulation can normally be counter-balanced by dark manipulation, but I don't know how we'll do that." I replied, using my knowledge from countless documentaries about superpowers I used to watch, long before I found my own powers.

"How will we do that?!" Ace replied, as I heard Rachael run past. Lenz spotted us, and I knew it was time to move again. 

"Like I said, I don't have a clue!" I yelled, taking off and swooping down to Lenz, firing water jets at him. Lenz fired back at me again as I zoomed around him. Ace zoomed back into action, attacking from the ground, and I knew Rachael was somewhere. Suddenly, a blast of water and a punch from Ace knocked Lenz to the ground, and I landed as Rachael became visible again. She jogged over next to me, and Ace appeared the other side of me as Lenza recollected himself.

"Is that the best you can do?!" Ace shouted at Lenz, obviously fueled with adrenaline. Lenz stood up and faced us, with an evil grin on his masked face.

"You had to ask." I retorted, panting as I regained oxygen into my lungs.

"No, child." Lenz boomed, standing straight and staring right at us. "This is the best I can do."

Question time:

For Cass, from @-autotelic- : If your Dad wasn't ElectroNite, would you still be a superhero?

Cass shuffles uncomfortably in her seat, frowning a little. "I really don't know. Sometimes there's super genes in families, but there's been some incidences of supers appearing from non-super genes, so I have no idea." she murmurs, knowing a heck of a lot about supers. "Anyway, who told you ElectroNite was my Dad?"

For Rachael, from @DONNIEYOSHI : what would you have done with your powers if Cass wasn't already a super?

"Hmm..I don't know to be honest! I'd probably be super scared, and keep it secret." Rachael replies, whilst skimming through her Instagram feed. Her eyes suddenly widen a little, and she pulls the screen closing to her eyes. "Hang on a sec, there's a new Sephora eyeshadow pallet?!"

For Cass and Ace, from @StrangeDejaVuu : do you want to make Cace real?

"What the heck is Cace?!" Cass asks, looking confused. I tell her, and her face still looks confused. "It was just a kiss...I really don't know." She looked down while she speaks. "I still think about Evan daily...I mean, Ace is nice and all but he's annoying and cocky as hell..." she trails off as a tear run down her cheek.

"Cace? Is that a ship name for me and Cass?" Ace inquires, grinning at me. I nod. "Wow, that's imaginative as hell!" he exclaims. "I mean, Cass is cute and feisty, but I don't know if she feels the same way about me as I do about her...do you think I should buy her something to say sorry for kissing her?" he asks me. I tell him what she'd like. "Yeah, I'll buy her that, then. That'll patch things up."

For Cass, from @Magnus007 : how and when did superheroes and supervillains start appearing in the world?

"In the so-called Super Era." Cass explains, concentrating hard on her facts in her head before she speaks. "One day in 1986, a woman blew up a department store in downtown New York with fire from her hands. It all sprang from there. A few million cases sprung up all over the globe, as people discovered they had powers, but obviously not everyone." Cass pauses, before continuing. "Now, people tend to either keep their powers secret, or become heroes and keep their alter-egos separate to their normal lives. Supervillains derive from heroes, as people discover the importance and rarity of their powers, and want more power, more money, or want to rule the world. They're pretty psychotic, and an obvious danger to society. Therefore, we need heroes to protect the earth against them. Next question?"

If you've got more questions to ask please comment them below and they may be selected for the next chapter!

P.S i hope y'all had a good christmas :))