Next Morning

I wake up next morning and check my alarm clock. 11:00. Wow, was I sleepy.

I roll out of bed and see mom and dad aren't home. I see they've left me a note. I read it.

"Hey Honey! Breakfast is in the fridge. Me and your dad are helping on the weapon. Love you, Koko."

Weapon?

I look outside. Wow.

There is a giant mongoose being built. I guess that's the weapon.

But for what? Then I get it - the giant snake. Of course.

After I eat breakfast, I go over to Kai's place. Kai let's me in.

"Hey," Kai says. "Nya's not here."

"Ok," I reply. "Do you know anything about the weapon?"

"Apparently, we're supposed to use it against the giants snake," Kai explains.

"Us? But we're just teens!"

"We defeated a giant cat, what's another animal?" me and Kai both laugh.

"But where is Nya?" I ask.

"She's helping with the weapon. She doesn't have to actually, since we're going to be piloting it."

"Cool. Sushi?"

"Love some."

We also call Cole, Zane, and Jay to meet us there. Just some guy time.

"Hello fellow teenagers!" Zane says, coming in at exactly 6:00. Jay and Cole follow.

"Hey guys," I say. "Sushi? I'm paying."

Jay looks at me, kinda disgusted. "Not really hungry," he frowns.

Well that's weird. He's usually like a rainbow riding on a puppy. But not today.

"Well, more for us!" Cole says happily.

After about an hour, we finally go our seperate ways.

I decide to follow Jay. He's been acting weird.

I make sure to act totally normal. We all know how to lose a tail.

I finally see Jay go to a small shop. He comes out with a pocket knife. He's about to cut himself, when I come.

"Jay!" I yell. He hides the knife.

"I know it's there," I say. "Hand it over."

He gives me the small knife.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"You have Nya," he says.

"But there's plenty of other gir--" I start.

"You don't UNDERSTAND!" Jay yells. That's the first time I heard him actually yell. "Nya is the first girl that I liked! You have so many fangirls following you, you can just pick blindfolded! But I can't!"

Jay runs off.

I look up at the sky.

"But I can't," I say. I run off home.