Chapter 6: Rematch

"What?" I looked at him. "I said I want a rematch. There is no way an extra like you is better than me." He stated confidently as I glared at him. "Fine." I said as we stood at opposite ends of the mat.

He ran at me again, rage dancing in his red hues. I kept my cool as he got closer. I saw my opportunity as he raised his arm again. I grabbed it and spun aground so my back was to him. Then using his weight and momentum against him, I threw him over my shoulder. He laid on his back, slightly confused. Shaking his head he jumped up and clenched his fist. "Again!" I slightly smiled as I got back into a defensive stance.

He was easy to read in his attack strategy after watching him fight a few times before. It didn't feel like he had any rhyme or reason to how he attacked, he just did. He charged at me again, the same way as before. He came at me with a kick. Instead of dodging, I activated my quirk and his leg went through me. Not hitting anything threw him off balance and he stumbled. After he caught himself he swung at me again, still missing.

This went on for what felt like hours. "You are leaving yourself too open." I said slightly out of breath."And your movements are too predictable." I told him, hoping it would be useful. His movements had gotten slower and his breathing was heavier as he walked to his end of the mat. "If you are tired, we can stop." I said. It seemed to have sparked a fire in him as he perked up. "I'm not stopping until I beat you."

He didn't come at me the same this time. He seemed to be more careful with the punches and kicks he threw. I could feel my limbs getting heavier trying to keep up with his fast moves. He had gotten into a rhythm of how he attacked, but he didn't leave an opening for me to strike. I felt a little happy that he actually listened to something I said. He must of noticed my slower reaction times. He took advantage of that and lunged at me.

He had thrown himself into me, catching me off guard. I grabbed on to him out of instinct, pulling him down on top of me. The impact knocked the breath out of me. He was on top of me, his hands by my head and his legs on both sides of my hips. My hand was still holding tightly on his shirt. My face flushed red at our position, at how close our faces were, at the butterflies in my stomach. It felt like time had stopped. I found myself lost in his eyes; there was something enticing about them. It might be the way the setting sun reflected specs of orange in them, or how beautiful they were in general. I slightly shook my head, I shouldn't be thinking about him like that.

"P-Please g-get off.." I looked away from him. He didn't say anything as he got off top of me. "I guess you won, good job." I said as stood up. He just huffed. I sighed slightly.

We walked back to the building to change out of our PE outfits and get our bags. When I walked out of the changing room I was surprised to see Bakugo waiting for me. "Took you long enough." He grumbled as he slung his bag over his shoulder and started walking down the hall. I followed suit beside him, not wanting to be left behind.

The sun had gone down almost completely as we walked in silence. Street lamps lit our way as we walked along the darkened streets. "You didn't have to wait for me, you know..." I said quietly and broke the silence. "Would you have preferred to walk home alone?" He asked and looked over at me. I shook my head and looked down at my feet. "No, but I feel like an inconvenience." I muttered out. "We live in the same direction, so it's not like it's out of the way." Silence fell back upon us as we continued to walk.

We stopped at the end of my road and I looked at him. "T-Thank you for walking with me, Bakugo." I smiled and tucked some of my hair behind my ear. He looked away and shoved his hands in his pockets. "Yeah, whatever." I couldn't fight the smile that had made its way to my face as I walked the rest of the way to my house by myself.

As I walked in I immediately saw my dad waiting for me. "So, where have you been?" He questioned. He had a stern look painted on his features, but his voice sounded relieved. I slightly laughed. "Sorry, I stayed after school and lost track of time." He just shook his head. "Let me know next time."

After dinner and the rest of my nightly routine, I flopped down on my bed and let out a sigh. My muscles felt sore and tired. I was mentally drained, yet I couldn't fall asleep. My mind kept drifting back to him. I groaned and pulled my blanket over my head and tried to push him out of my mind.