How To Save A Life

"Go. Go now." My voice carried through the forest towards Carlisle.

We had gotten some deer, and a mountain lion to feed on but nothing to satisfy our hunger.

But my gut felt something coming and my gut was never wrong.

"Wolves! Go! Stay together, they can't take us all on at once!" Emmett takes the rear with me, guarding Esme and Carlisle.

We jumped back over the river on our side of the woods, and hearing the wolves howl was like Deja vu of the first day I met Emmett.

"Maverick, well be fine. You need to go back and be with Bella, they need you incase the wolves attack."

"Carlisle, I can-"

"Maverick go!" I nod and turn, taking my leave and running straight towards the house.

But my mind changes.

*Vision*

"Why don't you tell him the girls name?" Alice asks Bella, while holding her up.

"I was playing around with our mom's names. Renee and Esme and I was thinking.... Renesmee."

"Renesmee..." Jacobs eyes go wide and they all laugh.

"Too weird?"

"No it's not too weird. It's beautiful and it's unique. Certainly fits the situation. I like Renesmee." Bella smiles and Alice hands her a glass of blood, to keep her healthy.

But something goes wrong.

Bella drops it and bends the wrong way, snapping her spine in two. She falls to the ground, Edward catching her at the last second.

*End of Vision*

Being distracted by the inevitable leads me into taking a tumble to the forest floor.

Leaves and pinecones stab into my back, irritating me.

"Shit. I have to get back."

I jump and run as fast as I can, first on two legs, then on four. Trying everything I can to get to Bella before she falls.

In a matter of seconds I make it into the house, flying through the living room and turning the corner just as Bella's cup falls.

"Edward n-" But the sound of Bella's spine breaking stops me.

"No!" Edward grabs her, rushing her into Carlisle lab.

"Why did you come back? Where's Carlisle?"

"I came back for protection. Sam knows we were hunting, he knows we're weak but I seen Bella... I had a vision and got here as fast as I could." Bella lays on the table, crying in agony.

"Morphine. Now." I stab her with a needle that's at least four inches long, injecting her with morphine.

"We have to do it now, Edward. Neither of them have long."

"Carlisle is coming as fast as he can."

"We have to let the morphine-"

"Edward get him out now!!" I hand Edward the needle and Jacob stands beside Bella, holding her hand.

The smell of blood makes my eyes go black but I fight it.

"If it's too much leave." Alice tells me, holding onto my arm.

"Bella... Bella I'm sorry. I can't...." Before the frenzy over takes me, I leave the room and stand outside in the front yard watching the glowing eyes in the forest.