The Sun, The Moon & The Truth P.1

The Sun. The Moon. The Truth.

The Sun.

The Moon.

The Truth.

"The sun.. the moon... the truth.."

My eyes shot open, the bed below me was like sleeping on a bed of rocks but it was a bed all the same.

Today counted another week without my family.

It also meant that I would be meeting them again today.

My family.

Today was the day the snow would stick onto the ground I grew up on.

I stood up and pulled on my clothes.

My pants were leather and my boots reached to my thighs. My top hugged my body tight and the jacket I threw over it corsetted in the back.

Marcus had given it to me, it was his wife's.

I walked out of my room and down the hall, my heels echoing with every step.

"Maverick!" The cold voice echoed down the hallway, it was Jane and she was close behind me.

I turned and she was beside me in an instant.

"Are you ready?" My eyes flash to hers. They're the same color and when I see myself in them, my knees wobble.

The face that was once tan, golden and bright was now shallow, my cheeks almost protruding from underneath the white skin that was now mine.

The crimson orbs were now sunken into my face and my lips were cracked. My fangs no longer retracted so there was a constant pain on my lips from the repetitive cutting.

I knew it was probably just my imagination but with the Volturi, I felt more human.

It was hurting me to be here and I had learned that the Volturi were not as strong as they were made out to be.

Just weeks on me sitting on a throne for the majority of the day, doing nothing made my bones ache and my health crumble.

It's what the Volturi did when they weren't burning castles, or murdering innocent hatchlings.

"Yes. I'm ready."

She walked beside me, and out into the throne room where Marcus, Caius and Aro stood waiting.

I've never seen Jane this cheerful, in fact, I don't think I've ever seen her cheerful.

Her thoughts swirled through my mind. They made me want to rip her apart right here and now.

In her mind, she was ripping Bella' s head from her shoulders and throwing it into a pit of fire.

Death made her happy.

But I knew there was one death that she wouldn't be happy about.

Her own.

<><><><>Emmett' s P.O.V.<><><><>

It had been a long month. A really long month. Longer than a month actually.

I missed Maverick. More than anything.

Rosalie wouldn't let me leave her sight so I had absolutely no contact with Mav and it was killing me.

"Hey Monkey Man." I turned and her lips met mine, I hated to say it but they were familiar. But I hated them.

It took everything I had to be around her like this, to hold her, kiss her, and have sex with her.

My love for her was gone. Like it never existed and I couldn't wait until I didn't have to act anymore.