My Future

The sun was rising as I slowly pulled myself out of bed.

"Morning beautiful." Cold hands ran down my arms. Lips barely touching my ear. Emmett.

Our lips lock. I fought so hard for this. A future.

It had been a few months since the fight with the Volturi. We've seen no sign of them since. The whole family has been living in peace. Bella adapting extremely well to the vampire lifestyle, and I hate to say it but, she's no newborn anymore.

Emmett and I made our way downstairs. Edward sat on the piano, Renesmee next to him and Bella standing not far.

The weather was starting to change, getting warmer but the wind still howling through the trees. My feet led me outside, Emmett following.

"Hunt with me? I don't want to stay in the house all day, the weather is beautiful now. Let's take advantage of it." Emmett smiled, before leaning in and kissing my lips.

"Then let's go." I leapt from the porch, landing on crunching leaves.

Emmett ran beside me, keeping up pace with my smaller body. We ran until the tree line broke and grass turned into rocks. Our short run had got us to the beach, a place I hadn't been in a very long time.

"Are you sure it's okay that we're here?" Emmett asks, a hint of uncertainty in his voice.

After the battle with the Volturi, the tribe had recognized The Cullens as an ally, they were no longer a threat to the tribe or humans in the town, so boundaries were open. We all agreed that there are bigger enemies to fight, fighting amongst ourselves had to be put to an end.

"We're okay. They're watching, but in a more.. curious way." I could feel the eyes of at least ten wolves. Sam, Embry, maybe Seth. It was hard to tell who was who with all of the new shifts.

Being out of the pack didn't really help either. The Cullens and the pack might have come to an agreement but my father was still angry with me, and that rubbed off on Sam.

Even though they were watching, my fingertips found the hem of my shirt. The soft material landed on the sand, along with my pants.

"If they want to watch, we could at least give them a show..." The words slid off my tongue with a hint of venom.

My skin tightened when the tips of my toes touched the water. Sure the weather had turned warmer but the sea still hadn't had time to warm up yet.

The salt water froze my legs, and made me shiver at my belly button. By the time it had reached my shoulders, I was comfortable. The water didn't sting my eyes anymore, not like it used to when I was a kid.

I floated with just my eyes above the water. My hair splayed out behind me. Emmett stared at me before taking off his shirt and pants like I did and slowly following me.

I went deeper.

And deeper.

Until the sun barely shined in the water.

Where nothing could grow. I sank in the ocean while the waves crashed above me.

Emmett followed.

I had always loved the ocean. It was a mystery to me, and to the rest of the world. The secrets held by the ocean were wild, and cold.

But for now, the ocean held us.

Emmett wrapped his arms around my body. If I was a human, he could crush me. My body would be nothing compared to his.

But I'm not human.

I crashed against him. My heels connecting with his chest, sending him down to the ocean floor. He landed against a rock, and I landed on him.

Emmett wasn't afraid of me. He knew how powerful I was but he wasn't afraid of me. There was never anyone close to him in power, and the thought of me drove him wild.

He worshipped me... and my power.

"Fuck. Me." I growled. We weren't human. We are monsters.

<><><><><><>

"I love you." He whispers in my ear. We had washed up on the beach hours ago.

This is my future.

Emmett is my future.

"I love you too...."