P11

He's back

Jimin

I tapped the dining table with my fingers as my other hand was holding a cup of coffee that I made for myself to ease the nervousness. I had no idea why I got so nervous to see Jieun. Yes, I know that I was really supposed to feel the nerves but it gets too much that I could barely focus on something I was doing.

Gulping down my saliva, I suddenly heard she walked out of her room. I stopped breathing for awhile as the sound of her footsteps were coming to my way. As she was almost there, she stopped walking all of the sudden as if she realized that I was waiting for her in the living room.

I could hear she breathed heavily. "Jieun? " I called her, making her to flinch.

"Oh Jimin. You're back. " She finally stepped out after hiding between the walls. The awkward smile she gave me was funny, making my heart to chuckle silently.

I nodded. "I thought you knew it already. " The thing spitted out from my mouth, making her to lower her head in embarrassment. I shouldn't had say that. To change the topic, I licked my lower lip then put the paper bag on the table. "Here, I bought something for you. " I slid it to the side so it'd be easier for her to take it.

She pointed to herself then raised an eyebrow. "For me? " She asked. I nodded.

"Yes. Hope it suits your taste, " I cleared my throat and waited for her to open the paper bag.

"A dress? " She looked at me in disbelief then looked back at the white dress I bought for her. "But why? " She asked as if she didn't remember that I ripped her clothes yesterday— duh.

I bit my lower lip, "It's a— an apology from me for um, you know what happened last night right? " We blushed at the same time after I reminded her of the incident. The thing we did yesterday was about to flashed back in my mind but gladly I was strong enough to shrug it off. "I'm sorry for misbehaving. I shouldn't do that. It was my fault. I'm so sorry and I understand if—" I was about to say something until she suddenly cut me off from continuing my words.

"No, it's alright Jimin. " She shook her head.

"It wasn't your fault. It was mine as I was the one who asked you to drink. And I didn't reject your request yesterday so I'm the faulty one. " She told me, her cheeks were pink tinted. She lowered her head for a few seconds before looking up again then said, "I hope we can forget what had happen and act normally. I don't want us to become strangers after the incident. I hope we can still be friends? " She asked.

Honestly, it was quite shocking that she wasn't mad at me. I wasn't expecting that it would be this easy. I smiled. "Sure. "

She smiled in relief. "Phew. "