Revival

It's been three months... Or years... Who knows? Bria lost count after two weeks. How has she survived without food or water? Heck if she knows. It must've been the medicine Kyle gave her. Or maybe it was her powers. She wasn't sure. She just knows that she is at the cliff of death. She didn't have any strength to even stand up. She sat in the corner of the small room repeating her name. She feared if she didn't say it, she would forget it.

Thel. She nearly forgot who Thel was. She's pretty sure he's the reason why she's still fighting for her life. She has a tiny bit of hope that if she somehow gets out of here, and kills Kyle, that she will see him again. She felt excited to see him again after all this time. She regretted leaving his side.

Bang!

Bria's eyes slowly opened. That sounded like the door. Or maybe Bria was just going insane.

Bang!

The door burst open. The light blinded Bria, she had to squint her eyes. She was also losing consciousness.

"Sir, we found her!" Was the last thing she heard before her vision went black.

Bria lifted her head and opened her eyes. Her body no longer felt fatigued and stiff. She gently sat up and looked around. She was in a hospital bed in a bright white room.

"Hello?" She said. Her voice was scratchy and her throat hurt.

"You're awake." She heard a voice. But she didn't see anyone.

"Where am I?" She asked.

"It's okay, sweetheart. You're in the UNSC medical unit." The voice said.

Bria took a breath and fully stood up from her bed. Her legs felt like noodles.

"Take it slowly." The voice said.

"Where's Thel?" She asked.

"He's not aware of your arrival yet." They said. "Can we do a quick test? Can you demonstrate your power for us?" They asked.

"I-I can't trigger it all the time." She replied.

"Very well. We can run the test later. Let's get you cleaned up." They said.

A door opened and Bria walked out. She changed out of her hospital gown and almost gasped at herself in the mirror. Her whole body was covered in deep purple bruises. She was actually glad she didn't feel pain. She threw on an outfit that the UNSC provided for her. It made her look different, but it suited her as well. She actually felt pretty confident in it.

She walked out to the docking bay, stuffing her hands in her pockets. She thought she would take it easy on her body, she was still getting her legs used to walking right.

She made herself stop and leaned against a rail. She decided to watch the vehicles come and go.

"Bria?" She heard a voice behind her. She swiftly turned around.

"Thel." She almost started crying. He stood right in front of her looking shocked. She wanted to hug him so bad, but she didn't want to irritate her bruises. She quickly crossed her arms.

They stayed in silence for a long moment, before she broke it.

"It's really good to see you." She forced a smile.

He tilted his head. Like he didn't understand. "What has happened to you?" He asked.

She sighed. "It's a very long story."

"I've heard most of it. Mostly about the hybrid." He said.

"Yeah. He was a trip." She looked at the ground.

"I-I can't believe you've returned." He added.

"How long was I gone?" She asked.

"Over a year." He replied.

She took a breath. She tried to control the tears in front of him, but she failed.

"It was an experience." She faked a laugh.

"I'm terribly sorry you had to go through all of that." He took a step towards her.

"No I-I'm sorry. I should've have left you and been so awkward." She says hoping he didn't remember the conversation they had before she left. "I'm not the same as when I left." She said.

"What did he do to you?" He asked.

She didn't want to talk about it, but this was Thel she was talking to. She could trust him with anything. She gently lifted up the bottom of her shirt and sleeves to show him her bruises. Those were all caused by Kyle.

"H-he did these terrible experiments on me. He brainwashed me. He used me as his tool." She said. "He made me kill an innocent man, Thel." She cried.

He placed a hand on her shoulder.

"I promised that I would never harm the innocent. I promised!"

She looked up at Thel and was shocked when she saw his glare. "I will rip his limbs right out of his sockets."

Bria couldn't help but let out a laugh.

"I'm being serious." He said.

"Oh, I know." She wiped her eyes and looked at him. "I'm just so happy to hear your voice again." She smiled.

This time, he pushed her in for a hug. She was surprised at first but quickly wrapped her arms around him.

"I am glad you are alive." He said.

"I am too." She said when they stopped hugging.

"I must get back to my duty. But I will look forward to you joining me again when you recover." He said.

"As do I." She smiled as he walked away. "Oh, Thel!" She called out. He turned around. "It's good to see you again. You look... Good."

He nodded once and walked away.