Trust in me

Thel and Bria walked to the docking bay in silence. She was ashamed of herself for confessing to him, but she also felt relieved. Like a million pounds got lifted off her shoulder. But she didn't know what he felt or what he was thinking. She just straightened up and continued to walk.

"There you two are." Buck whispered to Bria.

"What's the problem?" She asked him.

"Report on the last mission. They may know where the hybrid went." He said.

Bria looked down. She felt a pinch of guilt. She was the one who let him get away.

She looked back up and was surprised to see the commander talking, but she did not hear him. She was confused. Her ears started ringing. And her head grew a massive headache. One so painful she couldn't take it. She shut her eyes tight, hoping the pain would pass. But it didn't. She held the temples of her head, she knelt down and screamed.

"Are you okay?" She heard Buck. Immediately he and Thel were by her side. Thel put his hand on her back but it didn't calm her. In fact, it seemed like it made the pain worse.

"She doesn't look good." Buck said. Her skin was grey in a blink of an eye.

"We need to take her to a medical unit." Thel said.

"No, you need to take her to an actual hospital. Take a shuttle." She heard the commander say.

"She might not make it." Thel argued.

"But they probably know how to treat her. We'll give her some pain relievers and she'll make it." He replied.

Buck and Thel helped her to her feet. Bria was still crumpled and crying. But they helped her to the shuttle.

"You can handle her from here?" Buck asked Thel.

She didn't hear Thel reply, so she assumed he nodded. She sat down and hears the shuttle door close.

Bria curled up on the seat, her headache felt a little bit better after the pain relievers. But she felt weak. She feared that this would be the end of her. Forever.

She looked at Thel who was looking out a window. What would he do if she was gone? Would he morn? Or are Elites too tough for that? Would he be hurt at all? She sighed and sat up, taking one of the water bottles that the shuttle supplied. She drank it which soothes her bone dry throat.

"The feeling is mutual." Thel said. Bria looked over at him with his back still turned to her.

"What?" Her throat was scratchy.

"What you said earlier. The feeling is mutual." He turned around. "I've caught feelings for you over time as well." He added.

Bria's heart began to race. She slowly smiled. "Really?"

He nodded his head once.

"Wow! I didn't think... I just don't..." She stuttered.

He walked over to her. "Just promise me something?" He got close. "Promise me that this will last forever. Promise me that you stay here. With me."

She smiled remembering when she said the same thing to him.

But her smile faded. "You know I can't do that." She says.

"Yes, you can. And you will." He added.

Bria stood up "I promise."

The shuttle jumped which made Bria trip towards him. He grabbed her around the waist, which his one hand almost completely fit around her waist. She looked at him and immediately blushed. She began to cry and hugged him.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

She hugged him tightly. "I'm just so happy!"

He chuckled a hugged her tighter. But she backed away after a moment.

"Thel? What if this is my last day? The pain is getting worse each day." She said.

He looked away. He seemed irritated. "I won't allow it." He simply said.

"Thel..."

"I promise I will protect you. I'll find you a cure. You will not die." He said.

Deep in her heart, she believed him. But her mind told her otherwise. She could die any day with this disease.

She hugged him once more and he returned it. "Save your power. Each time you use it, you will become weaker." He said.

What if she couldn't? What if there was an emergency and she had to use it to protect someone.

She sighed. "Whatever happens. I love you Thel."

"As do I, my love." He replied.