Let it out

She woke up the next day. She felt like she was hungover but without the alcohol part.

She sat up and rubbed the temples of her head.

"You're awake."

She jumped at Thels voice. She forgot he was still there.

"Did you get some sleep?" Bria asked him.

Thel was quiet for a moment. Bria rested her hands on her lap.

"I can never rest before a battle." He said.

That's right. They were going to fight today, and she was praying that she wouldn't run into Kyle.

She sighed. "This is all going to go wrong, I can feel it."

"Not if we stay together." Thel said. "We need to work together."

Bria slowly nodded. But the truth was, she didn't want to be near him. If her power got out of control, she didn't want him to be the victim.

"Come. We must prepare for battle." Thel walked to the door.

"Wait..." Bria said.

She was going to tell him the truth. Before the battle, before they die.

"What is it?" He turned towards her.

"There's something I want you to know... before we risk our lives." She swallowed.

He waited patiently for her to speak.

"Whatever happens out there..." she froze and looked at him. There was no way she could tell him this. Not right now. "Just know... that I will always care about you."

He nodded once. "I will protect you." He turned and walked out.

Tears started to sting her eyes. She wants to tell him how she feels, but she doesn't have the strength.

Not at the moment.

They flew in a phantom right over a stormy resort. The winds blew rapidly and the sky was black.

Bria felt a pain in her chest.

"Is she even safe to be on this ship?" She heard an Elite say in Sangheili.

She looked over her shoulder at Thel. He placed his hand on her shoulder.

Soon they landed on the ground. The planet was quiet besides the storm. No fighting going on. She wondered why they were there. Bria didn't bother grabbing a weapon, for she was a weapon.

She ducked behind a barricade and noticed something on the ground. A dead Hunter worm spewing out purple blood. Her heart sank to her stomach.

"He's here..." she whispered to Thel.

"Who?" He replied.

"Kyle. The hybrid." She looked back at him. "I'm going to go scout."

"I said we're sticking together." He added. "You will get yourself killed."

She frowned. "I'm sorry..." and took off running. Thel tried to grab her but failed. She ran up ahead away from the scouting teams.

She went under a bridge and sat down. Her heart was beating rapidly and she was out of breath. She noticed the fire around her fingers starting to grow. That's exactly what she feared. That's why she ran away. She couldn't risk staying and hurting the people apart of the scout team. She needed to fight Kyle on her own.

But how does she know he's here? Of course, that worm was there, but he could've left by now. But if he was there, how could she lure him out?

Suddenly a piercing pain ran through her head. Her vision blurred and she cried out.