Chapter 15

First Sheep Mask was standing with the gun pointed at Archer, ready to blow his brains all over the place as Archer stupidly stood there and provoked him, and the next thing I knew Archer was on top of him, both of them struggling to gain control of the gun.

I watched in horror as Sheep Mask began to gain the upper hand and started angling the gun towards Archer's chest as his finger curled around the trigger.

I made a split second decision, and instead of just standing there like the dumb idiots who just screamed and pointed in the movies, I rushed forward and brought my foot down as hard as I could on Sheep Mask's face.

He grunted and the blow was obviously enough to make him loosen his grip on the gun because Archer suddenly snatched it out of his hand. He rammed his knee into Sheep Mask's face and then pinned him to the ground with his left hand around his throat and pressed the gun to his forehead with the other.

Archer took a steadying breath as he glared down at Sheep Mask with a hard look on his face.

"So, who's going to shoot who?" Archer taunted.

To my surprise Sheep Mask actually started laughing. Apparently it surprised Archer too because he frowned and asked "What the hell are you laughing at?"

Sheep Mask continued to laugh for a few seconds before he got his laughter under control.

"You two. You just don't get it do you?" 

When neither of us answered he continued.

"Even if you kill me you won't make it out of here. You can't. They'll find you. You're lucky I'm the one who found you first. I like to make it quick, but the others, especially Dox," Sheep Mask shook his head. "They like to savor their kills. They'll make it slow and painful." Sheep Mask turned his head so he was facing me.

"Dox would just love to get his hands on you. After that little episode on the train, I wouldn't be surprised if he ignored everyone else down here just so he could get to you." Sheep Mask cocked his head to one side and was silent for a moment before he continued speaking. "I wonder how he'll do it. Even for me, Dox is a pretty twisted guy. Will he carve up that pretty face of yours? Will he put enough bullets in you until you just eventually choke on your own blood? Oh I know. He's been watching a lot of movies lately so he's got a lot of wicked ideas. He'll probably tie you up and leave you in one of these tunnels. He'll place small little cuts all over your body, deep enough that you bleed but not so deep that you'll bleed out. You'll sit there until the rats smell the blood and come and eat you alive. It'll start with just one or two of them, then before you know it there'll be hundreds of them, all feasting on that pretty face of yours. Your eyes, your—"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" Archer yelled pressing the barrel of the gun harder into Sheep Mask's forehead.

"If you say one more word I swear I'll blow your fucking brains all over this floor." Archer warned and there was so much hard venom in his voice that Sheep Mask was actually quiet.

That only lasted for approximately 1.5 seconds before he was opening his mouth again.

"What? You don't like to hear about all the creative ways your little girlfriend here could die? I bet Dox is gonna make you watch. How would you like to watch her get eaten alive by a bunch of rats while you sit there uselessly not able to do a damn thing about it? Hmm?"

I couldn't take it anymore. I rushed to the other side of the room and retched until I was dry heaving on my hands and knees. My body was shaking with cold shivers and a cold sweat had broken out across my forehead. This was too much. There was no way I was going to make it out of here alive.

I faintly heard a loud crack and out of the corner of my eye I saw Archer ram the butt of the gun into the side of Sheep Mask's face, effectively knocking him out and shutting him up.

The pain in my side from my ribs seemed to be making itself even more known now.

I heard Archer walk up beside me before he knelt next to me and silently pulled me into his chest. He rubbed his hand in small soothing circles across my back and I let him as I buried my head in his shoulder. Silent tears ran down my cheeks which eventually turned into ugly sobs. At some point I was gasping for breath and I was pretty sure I looked like a stupid fish but I couldn't help it or even bring myself to care.

Archer gently pushed me back and held me at arms length by my shoulders so he could look at me.

"Gemma do you remember what I promised you back on the subway?"

After a few more sobs racked my body and loud sniffles I shook my head slowly.

"I promised you that we'd get out of here alive. You're not going to die down here. Do you understand?"

When I didn't answer he tilted my chin up so I was forced to look at him.

"Gemma, do you understand? I'm not going to let you die down here, not like this. You're getting out of here."

At that moment I wanted more than anything to believe him, but there was that little voice in the back of my head that was stating the obvious.

There were only two of us and five of them not including Sheep Mask. We were outnumbered and if we ran into more than one of them we were done for. No matter what Archer said or believed, he couldn't protect me against all of them, especially not if Dox had his eyes set on me now.

Alright guys, if you're a FTR and you've gotten to this point and you're like "Where the heck is the rest of the story?!" then you obviously skipped the first chapter where I explained this but that's okay! I'll explain it for you guys again.

The book got published and is now on Amazon. As a result that meant I had to take down half of the chapters here on Wattpad. If you'd like to purchase a copy and finish the story (it's totally fine if you don't want to, I'm just making it known for those that do) then you can find a link to the book on Amazon on my profile here on Wattpad :)

~JaeJae